Chapter 12

Ladybug looked down at Metal Man. How could she get that remote? Then she remembered what Chat had told her. She could use her superpower! Lucky Charm, right?

She called upon her power and caught a large bottle of orange soda pop in her arms. She examined it carefully, confused. What the heck was she supposed to do with this? A bottle of soda? In what world could that ever be helpful? Then, she saw the world in black and white. She stumbled back, confused. The soda flashed red with black spots. So did Metal Man's remote and robot. She gasped in realization.

She swung from the building, vigorously shaking the bottle as she went. Once in front of the supervillain, she popped open the cap, releasing the bubbly orange liquid that shot out, splashing all over Metal Man.

He covered his face against the dying stream of soda and dropped his remote, which was sticky, soaked, and ruined. All robots collapsed, having lost connection to the remote. Ladybug smiled proudly as she stood on a ledge and used her yoyo as a lasso, snagging the remote before it could hit the ground.

"NOOO!" Bellowed Metal Man as Ladybug snapped the remote. She captured and purified the akuma, and threw the empty soda bottle into the air. She wasn't given instructions, but somehow she knew what to do. Just as everything began to return to normal with a swarm of magical ladybugs, Chat Noir ran back onto the scene.

"Ladybug, you did it! You did it!" He cried out as he grabbed her by the waist and spun her in the air, pulling her in for a kiss.

Ladybug was shocked, but kissed him back. Her mind cleared, and she pushed back, gasping.

"I remember!" she exclaimed. "I remember everything!" Everything made sense again, the missing puzzle pieces fitted together to form one clear, beautiful picture full of detail and color. Everything came back at once with the kiss. Then she realized the full details of the situation.

"What?" she gasped, a hand at her mouth. "You-you're Adrien! And I just-" she gasped again and her face turned redder than her superhero costume.

"Hey." Chat Noir grasped her hands. "Marinette, it's okay."

"And you know who I am!" her beautiful blue eyes were full of panic.

"M'Lady, please calm down." Chat sat down with Ladybug on the edge of the building. "It's okay. It had to happen sometime. It just happened now. There was no other choice. It's all over with now. Calm down. It's not like I'm going to go out opening my mouth and telling the whole world, right?"

Ladybug sighed and nodded. "I- I guess so. It's just a lot to take in."

"Yeah, I get that. Now, you'd better hurry on home; your Miraculous is running low." Chat helped his partner stand up.

"See you at school tomorrow, I guess." Ladybug waved and then rushed away.