Divorced ch.34

For the third time this week, I stared at my blank computer screen. The thin black line was mocking me by blinking in and out the screen. My mind was blank and my fingers ached from balling them up in frustration.

I had nothing, for the past month I had nothing to write about. Usually I would have writers block for about two weeks before ideas hit me like a train; but the train had not yet arrived.

I sighed heavily before slamming my computer shut; causing Mike to look towards me, not before pausing his game. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I gave him a look, "My mind is blocked." I stated before sighing once again. I wanted to lay down and take a nap at the moment and try again later, but I already took a morning and afternoon nap today; I needed to stop procrastinating and get to work.

Jean has already gave me her pep talk earlier this week; she expects me to have an idea or start my book by the end of this week. Since I only have two days left, I have to get the move in before she strangled me with her words.

"Why don't you write about your life," Mike suggested.

He was the third person to give me that idea, first Jean, then Charlie, next Aaron and now him. Speaking of Aaron, he should be popping up about now with a surprise. Aaron and I had been dating back and forth for the past month.

The first date was awesome, truthfully... However, it all fell on the testing. Luckily I passed the testing with flying colors; no diseases or any other problems in my bloodstream. From then on I made sure Aaron wears a condom; even though we have not yet had sex.

I sighed once again, "Maybe." Maybe I should consider, but I don't want to. I don't want to put years of suppressed memories in a book; even I label it as a fiction....

Mike went back to his game, seeing that there's nothing else to talk about on the matter. I excused myself from the living room by taking my laptop upstairs to my room. I decided to lay down, even though I shouldn't.

I was starting to become a potato; staying in bed, eating junk food, and looking at a blank screen as if I'm crazy and suddenly seeing aliens. Maybe I should write a story in how to be a lazy writer... I'm sure that would get some views from couch potatoes and drunks.

I smack my forehead in frustration before deciding to quit for the day. I wanted a glass of wine or something stronger in my hand, but I minimized the tasty drink to only have it on special occasions.

I buried myself under my warm covers, to only groan from my phone ringing. I answered it, but did not greet the person on the other side who dared to prevent my annual self-loathing.

"I know you're there Sky, I can hear you breathing," Shelly said with a very unpleased tone.

I lifted my head from under the covers as my face twisted from her not-so-happy attitude. "What's wrong?" For the past month, Shelly has been a very happy camper. Even if the sky is gloomy and dark, she always keeps a smile on her face; it was rare for her to have a situation and a attitude.

"Are you free tonight? I need to get drunk."

Suddenly my rule of only drinking on special occasions flew out the door. "Well, Aaron supposed to have a surprise for us; but I doubt it's going to take all day and night." I assured.

"Good," her attitude was still there and apparently it sounds like she had enough in life.

"What happened? Why the sudden need to drink?"

"Girl," she smacked her lips. During the time we had a close friendship, I've noticed Shelly's Brooklyn side comes out when she's irritated . "This nigga got me fucked up!"