Divorced ch.2

Sometimes it's best to talk to a random stranger about your problems, than your own friend~ Unknown.

So far, so good...

I have myself a publicist, I going to look at a apartment, I have a new idea for my next book and I have free time to go to a bar. I walked around my hotel room with nothing but a white fluffy hotel towel wrapped around my body and August Alsina sexy, deep voice blasting through the speakers that I brought this morning.

"Body like a model, I wanna grip her like bottom of the bottle.." I singed along to the chorus while swaying my hips side to side and applying makeup to my dark skin. After finishing up my face, a new song: American Boy by Estelle came on. Since this is like my favorite song, I started to drop it down low. "Take on a trip I like to go someday.." I sing along.

I love to sing. No matter where I am, I'm either singing or humming tunes. Singing always calm my nerves when I'm in a difficult situation. It always help me get through. Danielle always hated when I would break out into a song, as she says: it always get on her nerves. Which is surprising because I was always told my singing was not horrible and I always stay in tune.

Speaking of my baby sister; her name came up on my phone. I turned down the music and picked up the phone. "Hello?" I said.

I heard a sigh of relief on the other end of the call. "Thank goodness you answered. I was seeing if you're still alive," she giggled.

I rolled my eyes and flopped down on the marshmallow I call a bed. "I'm not surprised," I said. "Well I am alive and well. I have a publicist and a new idea for a book," I stated.

"Really?" There was a hint of excitement in her voice. It brought a smile to my face. When we was little girls, Danielle would always hold excitement in her voice every time I do something right. Such as writing a book, or beating up bullies. It still brings a smile to my face to hear that she still does that.

I nod my head like she was right of front of me. "Yeah," a chuckle pass through my lips.

"What is it going to be about?"

"Umm, a female therapist that has this client that's obsessed with sex-"

"Let me guess, the client and the therapist are going to be together."

I chuckled and shook my head. "No, actually there will be no relationship. It would be mostly about the client and his adventures with different partners. It's not about love or anything special. Just sex and maybe some drama," I informed.

"Do you think it's going to sell out like the first book?"

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "I don't know. Hopefully, if not then I will pack up my stuff and move back to the boring town in Delaware," I groaned.

"It's not that bad. You always have me when you come back."

"Right," knowing that I felt a little happy. Danielle is the only family member I have left after what happened to our older brother and our parents suddenly not talking to us once Danielle turned eighteen. "I gotta go Danielle, I'll call you tomorrow."

"Where are you going tonight?"

"To a bar, so I can get drunk and embarrass myself in front of strangers," I admit.

"Tsk, tsk. Sky do you know how dangerous it is do a woman like you getting drunk in New York? Do you know how many rapist and killers are out there?"

I playfully snored in the speaker before the snore turned into laughing. "Oh mother," I teased. "I'll be fine D. I got my rape whistle, my taser and pepper spray. I'll be fine."