Chapter Ten-Training (Part 2)

There is a picture of Adam Connor the Director on the side.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Ten-Training (Part 2)

"You won't get it perfect the first time." Parker reassured me "It takes practice."

I nodded in agreement, hoping I got to practice a lot "ok, let's do it." I smiled and I was probably a little too excited about this.

"Ok." He took a step back and was soon behind me; he pushed my right arm up and then followed it with my left. I felt his arms around me and I felt nervous with him so close, but I ignored it and focused on the task at hand, which I had to admit, was very hard considering I could feel his muscles under his shirt. "Ready?" he asked as he placed my arms into the final position before releasing and leaving me to hold them up on my own.

"Ready." I replied, trying to sound more confident than I felt. I had to focus on something; I had to have an anchor that kept me grounded on one thing. I focused on the cold steel that was between my two hands, I focused on the trigger beneath my index finger and I focused as much as I could on the target in front of me.

I took in a breath and I pulled the trigger, I let out three rounds and I almost fell over when I saw where they had gone through. I looked at Parker, whose mouth was slightly agape and his eyes had a slight hint of surprise in them. I looked back towards the target ahead and I saw the two bullet holes tightly fitted into the red circle in the middle of the black silhouette target and the other just outside it. Since we were just shot at with two huge machine guns and I was a little out of my depth, Parker had finally agreed to teach me how to shoot. If the shooting happened once who knew what might be in the future for both of us.

"Beginners luck." He had that same cheeky smirk plastered on his face and before he could say anything else I lifted the gun and let out another three rounds, fitting closely towards the others, smack bam in the centre.

I placed the gun on the ledge in front of me and turned my whole body towards Parker and I returned his signature smirk. "Was that beginners luck as well then?" I pointed towards the target. The look on Parkers face was priceless; it was a mix of shock and what looked like pride.

He didn't say anything but I could tell he was trying to bite back a smile and before I knew it, he had stepped into my previous position, lifted the gun, dropped the magazine and put in a full clip. He aimed the gun at the target with one hand and let out another three, all three hitting the middle of the target.

Show off.

He turned to me and that smirk was still on his face, but I smiled back, "Impressive." My smile soon turned into a smirk.

"We got it." Agent Morgan, the one who had subpoenaed my laptop walked through the door with a file in his hand.

Parker turned from me and Morgan handed him the file, he grasped it quickly and flicked through it.

After the shooting outside of Starbucks Parker and I had to give statements and fill in reports about what had happened and Parker had done a little digging and asked Hollie to find out as much as she could about the people who had attacked us even though we had nothing to go on. Well, except for a partial license plate number that Parker had caught a glimpse of when the crazy gunmen drove away.

Even with little to go on Hollie was good at her job and I was helping her, I knew that Parker had shot the men and those wounds don't heal on their own so a hospital was most definitely in the cards for them. I set up Hollie's computer so she would get information if a shooting victim came into any nearby hospitals.
Since these things take time Parker had finally decided to show me how to shoot, just in case I ever needed it in the future, I mean the star bucks incident might not be the only one we face.