; new boy

it was cold, dark, and damp outside, but he had decided on checking out this new and strange place nonetheless.

the sound of laughter drifted up from the street nearest to him, making him feel very alone in this new town.

shreveport had never been his goal.
he ruffled his dark hair and sighed.

he really didn't want to be there.

but, his mother had gotten a promotion to work in a better department, and the job called for the move, so he went, wanting only the absolute best for her.

as he walked, he found himself stepping in many small puddles of water. he looked down and saw his reflection, but suddenly he saw another figure in the rain water as well.

"hey?", he heard a feminine voice from behind him.

he spun around on his wet heels to face the individual. the dim street light shone on her face.

even in this light, he saw that she was beautiful.

he saw the frosty air float out as she spoke and as the both of them breathed.

"uh, hey.", he replied.

"you heading to collin's bonfire?", she questioned as she walked up closer to him.
he didn't even know who this 'collin' was.

"nah, considering i have no idea who that is."

"good. that guy's a jerk, anyway. and it's pretty stupid of them to try to start a fire in this weather, too.", she scoffed with a slim laugh mixed in.

"well, not as stupid as we are for standing out here in weather like this, right?", he smiled.

"touchè.", she giggled. that brought an even bigger smile to his face.
he mentally prayed that she couldn't see him very well.

"so, what's your name? i don't think i've seen you around before.", she asked, looking down and kicking a tiny puddle with the tip of her rainboot.

"wes. and no, you haven't seen me before..i just moved here from phoenix.", he explained.

"ahh. well, i'm sienna. i've lived in this town, same street, my whole life.", she threw her blonde ponytail back over her shoulder.

"is it like...fun..here or anything? i mean, not to be mean or anything, but i really didn't even want to move...", wes asked awkwardly as he scratched the back of his neck, messing with a few hairs on the nape of his neck.

the air was growing colder, but their conversation had kept him engaged enough to where he hadn't noticed.

"it's definitely...interesting, here. i'll tell you that much.", she rolled her eyes playfully, as he caught a short glimpse of it.

they were standing in the center of a seemingly deserted road, in the chilly air, just talking.

he thought that this was definitely the way he wanted to start off here.

no first-day crushes.
no new kid drama.
no tear wishing he was back home.

just casual conversation with this friendly girl---sienna.

at that moment, her phone went off, and she checked it.

"that was my dad, he said i have to come home for the night.", she told him.
"screw curfews.", she whispered under her breath, thinking wes wouldn't hear.
he did hear her, though, and he laughed a little. she did too after she realized he had caught on to her griping mumble.

"alright, well, i should probably be getting home too. it is kinda late.", wes commented.

"yeah..", she looked up towards the cloudy night sky.
"wanna exchange numbers? i'd be happy to show you around and take you to all of my favorite spots.", she offered. ge accepted her gesture.

"yeah, that'd be cool."
he handed his phone over to her, her doing the same, vice-versa.

after they had typed in their names and numbers, wes said goodnight and turned to walk home, sienna returning the phrase and going the opposite direction.

but she stopped for a moment to make a remark which he had been expecting all this time.

"catch ya later, new boy!", she yelled from around the corner.

"see you, enna!", he smiled at his nickname for her. he couldn't possibly know it, but she smiled too.

as he walked towards his new house, he still heard yells and laughter from beyond in the distance.
it was that guy, collin, and his friends, he guessed.

obviously, he would have liked it better to have his friends back in arizona here with him to experience everything he soon would, but he liked to know that, thanks to sienna, he wasn't alone anymore.

he assured himself that maybe, just maybe, this move wouldn't be as bad as he had previously assumed.

i like this one too!

  |also, guys, honestly, please PLEASE comment on this.|

i think i'm going to make a dolan twins book, but i can't decide if it should be mainly focused on ethan or on grayson.
i really need your opinions, as some of you are potential readers for this new story.

so, that being said..please comment an 'e' for ethan, or a 'g' for grayson.

thank you babes!