Gryffindors

Lowri held her hand out for Hermione, helping her out of the wobbly boat. They had just crossed a lake and Lowri had sworn she saw a tentacle of two just below the surface.
Hagrid led then towards the entrance and told the new first years to go inside where they'd find professor Mcgonagall. Lowri stayed behind a moment and let Brittle out of her backpack.

"Go with Hagrid, Brittle. I'll come see you tomorrow!" She then passed Hagrid the bag and left to join the group, leaving a whining hound walking off with a giant towards a hut near a forest.

"Where'd you go?" Hermione asked as Lowri rejoined the group.

"Giving Brittle to Hagrid, what've I missed?"

"Oh, well Mcgonagall, I think, just told us about the four houses. We will be sorted before we sit down, oh and Neville found his toad." Hermione explained quickly.

"So the rumours are true then?" A blond boy spoke, standing just in front of Hermione and Lowri. "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts..." most of the group began to whisper and Harry and Ron turned around, Ron glaring at the boy.

"I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy..."

"Guess he's a fan of Bond... James Bond" Lowri whispered to Hermione, hoping she understood the reference. She did and giggled a little.

"Talking about me?" To boy turned and glared at Hermione whose faint smile turned into a glare. "Think my names funny do you?" He was looking between Hermione and Ron, thinking they had both been laughing at his name. Ron had actually been though.

"What's you name then?" He spat at Hermione.

"Hermione Granger..." She spoke with disgust.

"Granger? Filthy mudblood!" He turned around and started interrogating Ron about his hair, Lowri didn't hear most of it because she was busy caught up in anger and kicked the back of the knee of Draco's supporting leg. He wobbled for a moment before collapsing on the floor in a kneeling position, as though he were kissing Ron's shoes.
The group laughed and Draco scrambled up to turn and see who had embarrassed him.

"WHO-" he began to shout but was cut off by Professor Mcgonagall who had returned and placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Is there a problem here?" She asked, giving Draco a stern look.

"No professor..." he replied, holding his tongue.

"Good, now then all of you... follow me." She turned and walked through the huge doors which led to an even bigger hall. It was filled with students along four tables and then another table at the end of the hall, raised slightly up some steps where older witches and wizards sat.

"Thanks for that back there..." Hermione whispered in Lowri's ear halfway towards the stool at the focus point of the hall.

"No problem, I'm not going to allow my friend to be bullied, especially through racism." Lowri whispered back, placing a hand on Hermione shoulder. They exchanged smiles.
When they reached the stool, Lowri seen a face out of the corner of her eye, she turned and saw a girl in the group with bright blue eyes and black, long hair looking at her. Once she seen Lowris eye she turned around quickly. Lowri turned her attention back to Mcgonagall.

"I shall call your name and you will come and sit on this stool, then you will be sorted...
Hannah Jane Abbott!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!" Lowri looked at the girl, if it wasn't for father maybe we would've been close friends in Hufflepuff together...