The Promotion

We pull up to my apartment complex, he cuts off the truck and we begin eating in silence. I can't take this awkward silence and I want to know why he sweating me so hard. Is it just me or did y'all peep the low-key flirting he been throwing out there. The *If you are my girl, and you to beautiful* like wtf niggah , I know he got plenty of lil thotty McScotty's chasing after him, he not finna play me !

"So what's the deal my niggah, why you sweating me? I ain't never seen you on the block before and I've been working under you for some time now. I know for a fact you got to many soldiers to keep count of, that's what you got lieutenants for!" I say as I'm putting fries in my mouth.

Silence.

He begins to spark a blunt. He looks over, eyeing me so hard that I start get uncomfortable. He takes a drag from the blunt and blows it my way. This niggah here... I'm not fucking with this silence, then he speaks..

" I want you to take Miko's place as the collector a.k.a lieutenant, he's moving to Burtha. We got a snake we need to get rid of" he casually states .

My eyes light up and then I slowly start to think about the responsibility of the lieutenants . Lugging huge amounts of cash around, walking and making a bunch of stops at Burtha, overseaing soldiers, even down to the mandatory weekly meetings with King and Jeff. Was i ready, imean that is more money in my pock.....

"What you thinking about over there?" He asks with another pull from the blunt.

" I don't know if i can handle all that right now.. " I reply

"Trust me, your the right person for it. Whether you know it or not niggahs out here respect your gangsta, shit I do and I don't say that to often. I can see the ambition in your eyes." The counters

Silence

"The way I see it is you can get up out this trash" he points around at the apartments.

"pay for a car cuz i know you catching the bus and you can even pay your tuition up untill graduation"

I snap my head towards him with wide eyes

"Yea I kno you go to college in the city , trust me I know more then you think I do . I move in silence and even when you think I'm not paying attention ... I am" he looks at me, with a stoned face .

This niggah was officially scary as fuck. Like was he stalking me, just then I notice the sun is rising . Shit Neek Neek !!

I made up my mind for the sake of Neek Neek and I , I'm gonna do it ! I turn to king as I'm reaching for the door handle to leave

" I'm in .." was all I had to say

"Ardd I'll keep in touch Ms. Tiana"

Jesus this man it's going to be the death of me . Now I have to see his ass every week, just my luck !!!

I get in the house and the first thing I do is go to room and put my money in the vent. Altogether I got about 5 grand saved, enough to pay for next semesters tuition which is due in a few days and now I'm just grinding for rent and food money for Neek Neek and I. thankfully when I go in Neek Neek's room she's still sleep. I know what y'all thinking , I leave my niece in the house alone while I'm out working . Yea I do , shit I don't have a choice . My crack head ass momma show as hell can't watch her!! I just pay my neighbor a little something to check on her every hour, i also pay her to get her off the bus when I can't and keep her till I get home from school which is usually not that long.

I go in Neek Neek's room and I pinch her on the cheeks and then kisses her forehead. Damn she reminds me so much of Trell. Raneeka starts to stur and eventually opens her chinky little eyes.

"Tee Tee" she smiles at me, a toothless grin.

"Hey mamas did you sleep good?"

"Yea I did, how was work?"

"Work was good baby , what you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes she says" face lit up !

After breakfast and getting Tee Tee on the bus it's going on 8 o'clock.. I climb into bed to get some rest before my first class at 1 o'clock..

..... LATER THAT DAY .....

I'm sitting in Anatomy trying to pay attention, because a bxtch is tired. I keep dozing off because my boring ass professor is talking about the nervous system and I already studied this shit on the bus ride here . My iPhone X buzzes on the desk in front of me

Miko..
I NEED TO MEET WITH YOU TO GO OVER THE SCHEDULE, COME SAY HI TO BURTHA AROUND 5.

Me..
ARD BET

To Precious ..
CAN YOU KEEP NEEK FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER TODAY?

Precious..
AS LONG AS YOU PAYING.

SHIT this girl don't play about her money.

Me..
BET

123-456-7777
WHAT YOU DOING?

Who the fuck is this and , how they get my number. Not for the games today.

Me..
WHO IS THIS?

123-356-7777
King..

Damn this niggah moves fast!