Chapter Six - The Girls' bathroom

There were over a hundred staircases at Kraven Hill. There were doors that weren't opening properly and most of the time you wanted to get it open you always had to use a bit of your strength and push. It was getting quite annoying for Thomas. There were times the second and third years would just laugh at him and other first years struggling to get open the doors.

Then you had the watchers, triplets, named: Baron, Lucas and Ronald Strange. They were there to watch the school grounds. It seemed like three wasn't enough for such a big academy if you count some of the students sneaking out at night to talk to one another. Thomas managed to get in trouble by all three of them for getting lost trying to find his classes. None of them would believe he was telling the truth, that he was actually lost but instead, think he was trying to enter places he shouldn't.

Once he had found the classes, he knew there was a lot more to it. Actually, more like reading all day. Easily the class he hated the most was Mystical artifacts. For him, it was even more boring than Product Design in his normal school. Mystical artifacts was taught by Mr Looney. A beefy man who spoke quite slow and seemed like he hated his job, also even the students. Thomas always wondered why this lesson just couldn't be taught with History.

History wasn't all that bad. Thomas found reading on history by himself was more pleasing than when their teacher, Miss Everest was teaching it to theme. She had two huge buns on the side of her head that distracted the students most of the lesson time.

The classes that tied neck and neck for favourites were: Sorcery studies and Magical creatures. Magical creatures was taught by Mr Nate Shawsmith. He was tousled hair that covered his forehead with girls in Thomas's class and more likely the years above all pined for him.

Taking notes was the long part. Even in normal school, Thomas didn't really have to write so much. Now, it seems like he writes essays every lesson. End of year exams aren't going to look pretty. Another set of grades for another school his mum was going to complain about.

Thomas was quite happy he wasn't the only one fascinated, but falling behind. There was just too much to learn, write and think about. And it was only a week into the term. Everyone knew Manuel was the best in the class including the teachers. How he knew so much in such little time bewildered Thomas.

Miss Wong was different to the some of the teachers that taught at Kraven Hill. She was one who was strict and wouldn't tolerate back chat but yet, was kindhearted. You sort of got her on different days.

Once the day finished, Thomas spent his time in the outside the castle sitting on a bench alone breathing in nature. The crisp copper leaves were falling off the trees that sway gently in the autumn wind. Some were already on the ground, too many to even count.

Students were sitting on the grass laughing while some were on benches playing games with each other. Thomas could've sworn he heard a girl gleefully talk about a kiss she had with a boy recently.

Thomas decided to pick up a newspaper that laid on the bench beside him from the Kanny Mirror:

Five found dead at Zeron Village.

Investigations have begun on the mysterious deaths of five sorcerers living in Zeron Village that took place on 1st of October.

It is believed that this is the doing of one of the Seven currently unknown

Who exactly would want to kill innocent people for no reason? Thomas thought. He couldn't quite rap his head around anything on the newspaper. Not the name of it, not the village name or the name of the group -- if that's what it was. They all seemed too odd. They were such weird names, he even had to question the people that named these things.