; 2

Layla Maxwells

My apartment was finally starting to feel like home when I got my closet situated. My shoe boxes and clothes together, it wasn't full as it was back in the projects but it'll get filled when I get my money together. I sat up turning my tv off and getting my computer turned on. 3 months to pay my rent wasn't a lot of time. I needed to find a job quick and quick meant now.

Jobs in Bronx New York,

Cashier at PINK
Stocker and foot locker
Stocker at Dick's sporting goods
McDonald's
Forever 21
Lucius lick

The list went on. But as my choice I chose PINK and I called immediately.

" Hello my name is Layla Maxwells. I was calling wondering about the position you have open in your store, is it still available ? " I shut my computer and got up.

" Why yes Layla it is why don't you come by and well set up an interview today , because we really need that position filled. "

" I'll be there in a hour is that okay ? "

She responded with a friendly yes and we hung up.

;

I checked myself in the mirror one last time as I had my pink leggings and regular PINK hood with the logo on the back. My JW12's were standing out clearly. I glossed up my lips on the way out.

Something ain't right when we talking,
Look like you hiding ya problems ,
Really you was solid,
No you can't son me, you won't ever get to run me
Just when shit look outta reach, I reach back like one 3

" LIKE ONE THREE YEAH , THATS WHEN THEY SMILE IN MY SMILE, WHOLE TIME THEY WANNA TAKE MY PLACE , WHOLE TIME THEY WANNA TAKE MY PLACE , WHOLLEE TIME WANNA TAKE MY PLAAACEE , YEA I KNOW THEY WANNA TAKE MY PLACE , I CAN TELL THAT LOVE IS FALE , I DONT TRUST A WOD YA SAY , HOW YOU WANNA CLOCK UP AFTER YA MISTAKES ??? LOOK YOU IN THE FACE AND ITS JUST NOT THE SAME. " I sang along with drake to fake love and the next thing I find out I'm at the mall parking and walking into the double doors.

When Drakes music plays I feel as if it magically gets me to my destination in 2-4 minutes. Weird right ?

I walked into the mall with little bag and phone, I honestly was very appreciative of this lady to give me an interview possibly the job right way. Making my way into PINK I walked to the register and ask for the manager.

" You must be Layla Maxwells right ? " She smiled. It was perky white and it stood out.

I smiled back and replied. " Yes. that's me. "

" Green my favorite color ! Follow me to the back. " She complimented my braces and I followed her to her office.

PINK APPLICATION

First Name : Layla    Last Name : Maxwells ( Preferred name : Lay )

Email : Laymaxwells@gmail.com     Phone : 409-746-2366

Street address : apt #2 Ridgewood Apartments, Mkdie street, NY

DOB : 6/9/1996

I handed her my application and watched as she read over it. " You're 20 ? "

" Yes. "

" Oh. I thought you were older. " She stated. " Well me need a Stocker so, you have the job let me introduce you to the other girls. " She stood up and walked out.

" This is Kayla and Ja'son. They would stocker too but they're on register. You rotate on your job. This is Layla She's the new stocker. " I shook each of their hands. 

" That's Michella and Jace. Crystal. Maden. A'hoera. The last one is Jazmine. " I introduced my self and went to the back again with Ash.

" Here is your Name tag and your head set. Keep these on you at all times. "I took my hat out and got everything situated on me.

;

As my first day went along only Kayla and Ja'son helped me. The other girls helped a little bit but it seemed as if they already had their own little clique. I didn't pay him any mind, it was whatever to me I didn't come to this job to make friends I came here to work and get paid so I can be able to live and eat in my own space. As the end of the day approached I clocked out and made my way to the back to get my stuff. "Hey. You're the new girl right ? " Michelle asked. I don't think she's seen me at all today but she did ask a really retarded question. ' Nah I've been working her for about a year now ! ' Flash a fake smile with a petty lie. " Yea. It was my first day. " I grabbed my stuff and smiled. I turned my headset of and plugged it in to the cord and cubby that it was assigned. I stuffed my name tag in my bag and I got my keys out.

" See ya tomorrow ! " She said I walked out

" Hey. " Kayla and Ja'son walked up to me.

" Girl it was your first day, did you like it ? " Ja'son asked.

" It was hella hard work cause nobody liked to fold the clothes and Michella would start one post and then just leave it. " I rolled my eyes.

" Most of those girls act stuck up just because Michella's co-manager and she can fire anyone. " Kayla said. They walked me to my car and I drove home.

;

A/N : I know this chapter was really short but I promise that it'll get better sooner. This next chapter will have tea. All stories have that one chapter that's boring, Also I'm really sorry for the wait I've been working on my youtube channel also.