; 1

Layla Maxwells

  " Now this is the story all about how my life got twisted upside down  "

          It was a Monday, in July. Hot and sunny in Big Bali. Girls and boys outside playing, families out sitting and talking, men all around the neighborhood playing cards and drinking while teenage girls pose and take pictures doing the recent dances, most teen boys were smoking being thugs and others were playing basketball. Some even taking L's.

SKEEERRRCHHHHHH

POW POW POW !!!!

          This how how my life got twisted upside down, a drive by happened. Everyone ran to there project homes and shut the door as I ran looking for my brother DJ. I asked people as they were running but they only cared about themselves and their own children. I stubble and fell right in front of my brothers dead body... The fear that ran through me. My adrenaline. I called for help but only to be sat there with the operator and her attitude. It was the projects side of LA we knew they didn't care.

" HELLO !! THEY JUST HAD A DRIVE BY AND THEY SHOT MY BROTHER !! " I yelled into the phone.

" Well send someone over.. "  was all she said.

          I waited.. and waited.. they showed up but hours late when I knew forsure he was dead. His funeral was big, a lot of people showed and paid there respects. For that day forward I needed to do something with my life because I knew I'd be next if I stayed in LA. So days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, and months turned into a year, and in that year I moved with my Biological father to the Big Apple, New York.

;

" Layla, This is your apartment. " My dad showed me around.

It was big. nice sized.

" Your first 3 months rent is paid for. But after those 3 months you have to make a living. Your cosmetology school is paid for so as your NYU business classes. " He added. I was smiling so hard in fact cheesing. I hugged him and jumped for joy.

" Thank you so much dad. It means a lot to me to know I have you !"

He smiled. " You're welcome love. " He walked out closing the door being him.

I sat on the white couch, looking at the keys in front of me. This was my apartment, I couldn't believe it but now it was time for me to face reality, I needed a job and I needed to focus on school.

Happy New Years ! I hope you guys like this book.

Vote
Comment
Follow me 💕