Prologue

My name is Roman, I'm a retired military officer, the war just ended, it was a harsh war with lots of deaths. I lost my wife and my only son, they were the only people that I cared about besides Kyle, he knew a friend who got lost and befriend a wolf! They wrote a book about him. I've always wanted to read it. On the other hand, The war was fought with robots and nukes but at the same time there were us humans fighting alongside them. Australia is gone, there was a big battle fought there, I was at the front lines, I can't believe how I made it out alive! The nukes took it out about a week after I left to go to Canada. Now that the war is over I'm stuck alone here. I was sent here to Canada to fight with my squad I was the only survivor after the battle... I'm trying to find someone the help me, but There's no one in sight... Or at least as of now ... The fire will burn bright tonight. tomorrow I'll try to find a town or at least somewhere to stay. I woke up after a bad dream, I dreamt of the planet getting destroyed, I was the only one left, no one else but me, I was looking for oh so Long for someone else an I finally found someone.... Someones body... Dead body.... soon I'll start looking for food, the Sun in turning a light orange while it sets...

I grip my combat knife tightly in my hand Taking a deep breath and approaching the stationary cow slowly. When I was About one yard away I exhaled and leaped at it, the sound of the rough skin tearing sent a shiver down my spine. The cow started to fight back, kicking back and forth, he didn't have a single chance to survive, she was mooing all around. I took my 1911, put it up to the cows head and said:

"I'm sorry but I need you... I must eat!"

One shot took it out, the hard part is moving it. I decided to just eat it here next to a cave. I started a fire and ripped the the skin of with my knife and tore the meat off the cow. I made a makeshift cooking tray, after the meat got tender, I ate it slowly, one bite at a time... I fell asleep a while after finishing a quite large morsel of the cow. The next morning, the fire was still burning, that's what kept me worm. I cooked some more of the cow and ate it... One bite at a time. I packed some of the meat in my bag before I left to find somewhere to stay.... Hopefully I'll find someone.... Somehow.....

Hello everybody :) I'm sorry that my story is SO bad, I'm trying to update it a lot and I do make grammatical and spelling mistakes. I would be totally ok if you leave them in the comment below. Also the first 3 chapters are under 400 words. Later It I'll be over 1000 :)
-ThienToons