The Art of Hope (40)

Chapter 40

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Beaming I ran. I just ran letting my heart lead me to where it would, letting my curls bounce in the air, letting everything that was causing me pain just float away.

Turning a right down a hallway I had never been before I saw Eric. His back leaned against the wall and his head pointed into the heavens.

"Eric!" I yelled and I myself could hear the happiness ring through the halls. I began skipping from the happiness I was feeling. I felt free, open, and just plan content.

"Eric!" I screamed again bubbling over with bliss. "You will never guess what happened!" I said slowing down to a jog as I approached.

"What did he take you back?" I was offended by the cold tone in his voice.

"No," My spirits dropped from his anger. For some reason I wanted him to be happy about it, and to have someone to celebrate with - Eric.

"Really?" I thought I heard relief in his voice.

I beamed again and looked up into his stunning sliver-grey eyes. "He wanted to, but I-I'm... over him." A smile engulfed his face and it lit up the room. I started to jump up and down letting the joy take total control over me.

Suddenly I was scooped up into a massive frame. Massive arms consumed me holding me off the ground. His head nestled in my neck and his breath heated the very soft spot causing me to shudder. I hugged him back letting my skinny arms embrace the trunk of his neck. My feet now lightly swing from side to side, a good foot off the ground, as he swung me in his grasp.

My heart began to pound and I inhaled Eric's perfect spicy scent. Who was I kidding; every part of this man was perfect, even the cocky perverted side was perfect. That is when I realized it - I was falling for Eric.

Eric's POV

"Eric!" Missy screamed again and I instantly detected the happiness in her voice - my heart dropped. She had taken him back. How could she even dream up such a thing? After all that he has done to her. And I would be forced to pick up the pieces once again. I would have to see her heart broken and lonely, and I have to admit that I could not take another day of seeing her hurt. She is such a charming, beautiful, caring girl that did not deserve all this hate and anger. She deserve someone who could hold her when she was sad, someone that could laugh whit her, someone that could make her smile when her world was crashing down.

"You will never guess what happened!" She slowed to a jog as she neared me. I could see the happiness pouring out of her. Her skin took on a radiant glow and her lips formed into a genuine smile.

"What did he take you back?" I asked in a flat tone. I was angry to put it simply. After all that I did for her she ran off and just took him back. After all that heartache she took him back in 15 minutes flat.

"No," Her head turned to the ground and I saw some of her joy leave. And instantly I felt guilty, but an underlying of delight went along with it.

"Really?" I knew she would not lie about this - not to me, but I still had to ask.

The joy lit her face once again and I knew my angry outburst was forgiven. "He wanted to, but I-I'm... over him." As I beamed down at her she began to jump up and down like a teenage girl. Her curls bouncing up and down and her plump pink lips turned into a grin that looked as if it would explode right off her face.

My body reacted before my I told brain to and my arms surrounded her model like body into a hug. She fit in my arms perfectly. I burrowed my face in her neck taking in her lavender scent. My heart raced from the close contact. I exhaled and felt her shudder into me causing me to smile wider. I wanted to hold her closer but there was not more space between us. So, I began to swing her back and forth celebrating with her.