The Art of Hope (22)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chapter 22

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I stared at the ring again. It was cut in a triangular shape with diamonds weaving into the silver band. Inside the band I saw something I had not seen before - the words 'Meus filia' or My daughter inscribed on the inside. He said that it was once a gold ring but that the silver looked more like me so he had had it changed. Now I knew he had it changed to put these words in it. These two words would not normally mean so much to an average person but to me they meant the world. (http://www.yourfashionblog.com/wp-content/uploads/ruby-ring.jpg)

I wondered if my dinky gift made my father feel this way. I sure hope that it did. And it was nice to have both of my parents now. This must be what it feels like to have a family. And for the first time in a long time I prayed thanks to God above.

I wondered idly what was up with Eric. He seemed down. I could not help but think that we made a friendship connection today. I know we did not say anything important. But I felt like he let down some of his guard today - showing me that he does have feelings. I also learned something about him. That he reads, and I must say that reading does not fit his persona. And in thinking of Eric, I thought of that night. Not in the lust kind of way, but in a wondering kind of way. If we had never met would we be able to be friends? I will never know but it does not hurt to wonder. It would be nice to be friends with the man that my father trust so.

I stood up shaking the thoughts away and strolled into the bathroom. It was now late night - 11:24. I had plans to give Jace his Christmas present, but first I wanted to smell completely of lavender. And so, I ran myself a hot steaming bath. It had been a total of 10 days from the moment I had made love to Jace, and I - being the greedy person I am - wanted more.

I took in a sharp breath of pain as I settled in more comfortably and my breast brushed to side of the tub. The past two days my breast have been extremely tender. It hurt to just brush my arm against them some times. I must be getting ready to start. I was about my time of the month, and the doctor said that the pill tends to make PMS worse because of having so few periods.

After I had relaxed in the bath, I put on the skanky lingerie Annie had given me. I had to say I felt like covering myself up even with it on. It left nothing to the imagination - classic black lingerie, but it was all see-threw. And when I say all, I mean all. It had a bra that did nothing of the lift that it should, and a G sting thong for my bottom half was smaller than anything that I had in my undergarment collection. And to add to the 'sexy' factor it had a hot pink shawl - it buttoned right between the breasts and drifted out and to my thigh.

I had to say I felt like running back into my closet and putting on some real clothes, but this was Christmas and Jace deserved a little something, something. I went back into the bathroom and grabbed my silk dressing gown and a bottle of lotion. I sat on my bed and squeezed some lotion into my hands and began softening my skin. Not only did it make my skin silky-smooth but it gave my tan a deeper glow.

I padded into my closet to grab my black pumps. After sliding my feet into them I went to the mirror and did a slow turn. I had to say the pumps made my ass look firm and tight. But I decided against them. I did not want to risk getting caught in my robe and pumps - people would know something's up.

When I was done I stole one more quick glance at myself. I should thank Annie for the Christmas present. This really was going to be a 'night to remember'. Still feeling a little self conscious I began giving myself a pep talk.

As I walked down the hall to Jace's room I remembered all the things he had down for me. How when Dave and I had broken up he was there with me as I cried myself to sleep. How he always covered my shift if I had to take care of Katie, how he was there when I was almost raped. I sighed. I was completely in love with this man, and for the first time I was not afraid to say it. At this moment in my life I could not see myself without him. He said once - 'As long as you need me I will be here' and I was nice to know I had a rock to lean on.

The door was closed and I thought that maybe he was not here. Then I heard I soft moan. I froze. Was he hurt? In a panic I tried to open the door. But my clammy hands just slipped on the door knob.

"Yes, Yes, I am almost...." A female voice panted before it turned into a scream. My breath hitched. No, Fuck, No this is not happening. I must have the wrong room.

I took a step back and looked around the hall. No, this was the right room. My heart sank to my ass and a started to shake my head in denial.

Gathering up what nerves I had, I gripped my hand on the knob.

A deep husky growl came before I opened the door. "Fuck," a deep grunt then "Emily." I gasp for a breath but it did not come.

My whole world could not be crumbling around me. Not like this...

Gasping for breath again I opened the door.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I know, I know. Anyways. I hope you enjoyed and let me say "Let the drama begin!"

And sorry it's so short. I wanted to get something out fast. And i think i did. :)

Like always vote, comment, and tell a friend. Please and Thanks

-newhope