The Art of Hope (14)

Chapter 14

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

I woke that morning, rolling over to find Jace. He was not there, instead a crippling cramp shot through my lower stomach. I knew what that was, Mother Nature's Little Gift. I pushed the pain to the back of my mind. I swung my legs over the side of the bed ready to start another day. I quickly walked into the bathroom to do my monthly stuff, only to find that I had no Tylenol. As I walked out of the bathroom, taking slow breaths to stop the cramps, I saw a sun dress laid across the chair that was in the corner, with a letter and an electronic device lying on top. I strolled over to it, and opened the letter. It read

Dear Missy,

Sorry to have left before you woke. I have to go out of town, again. I was going to tell you last night but.... Well, you know. I will be back, hopefully, in three days. You be good, you hear, and have some fun! If you would like to talk find Eric, he has my number.

Thinking of you,

Jace

I smiled and held the letter to my heart. I pick up the electronic device. It was a planner. Cool, I thought to myself. I turned it on and my plains for today popped up.

8:00 - 9:00: Breakfast with Father and Eric

9:00 - 10:20: History of Kingdom

10:00 - 11:30: Free time

11:45 - 12:30: Lunch with Eric (Father in lunch meeting)

12:33 - 1:00: Fitting for clothes

1:00 - 1:50: Make calls

2:00 - ?: Attend a meeting, details at lunch

5:30 - ?: Dinner

Great two meals with Eric, I just want to fake sick and sit out of the whole day just because of that one thing. That would not be hard, with having horrible PMS cramping. Good news, it was not that much to do. Laying down the planner I went to shower and dressed for the day.

I walked down the red carpeted steps, on my way to the dining room. Just thinking how much things had changed. I was living in a dream, but not my dream. I never did wish for this, but the want to be Queen was growing. I knew that I could do it, but did I really want it? I truly did not know the answer. Part of me did and part of me didn't. I stepped into the dining room in my white sundress. The top cut like a sixties sleeveless shirt, but it was shorter than yesterdays. This one came to just above my knee. The King stood. I still did not feel right calling him my father. Eric sat there as if I had not even entered.

"Missy," I smiled, the King got my name right. "Please sit across from me, so we can talk." The chair he pointed to was next to Eric's. I frowned. Not letting Eric find out was going to be harder than I thought. I took the set anyways.

Eric's head turned to me. He gave a smile just for show. I am guessing for the King, and then he got a look that said he was in deep thought. I knew what over; he was trying to remember me. I turned my head to the King to prevent him from finding out.

"How is your sister?" The King asked.

"She is doing okay. Living. I just feel so guilty for leavening her there." A servant laid a plate with eggs, bacon, and toast on it in front of me.

"Don't feel guilty. You will see her in less than 2 months. We are doing all we can do." I looked up and he smiled at me. I felt something warm rub the side of my thigh overtop my dress. Then give my leg a squeeze. I took in a sharp breath. Then getting a strange look from the King I played it off as chocking on my egg. I slide my hand under the table and pinched the fire out of Eric's hand. He pulled his hand away fast. What a jerk.