33.) Can You Stand The Rain

Cause I need some body who will stand by me through the good times and bad times she will always, always be right there. Sunny days everybody loves them tell me baby can you stand the rain? Storms will come this we know for sure (this we know for sure) can you stand the rain? - New Edition

Faizon Zonilli

" You been avoiding me for days now. I don't know what else to say. " I shrugged, sitting down on my bed..

" I just feel like it was wrong how you did my cousin Faizon. You should've asked me the situation before jumping to tell your brother. " Jayln replied into the phone. I hate the cold shoulder I've been getting but damn...

" Well explain it to me now bruh. Let me know what the situation is. " I pleaded.

" It's over with now. You made their situation worse than what it was already! " He snapped. He surely does know how to lay it on thick.

" What would you rather me do Jay? I couldn't hold that shit back from my brother. He could've made the situation so much better. " I argued back.

It was a brief static on his end before he spoke again. " And when you told him did that make it all better? "

" Nah. I wanna talk to you in person. Where you at? This phone shit not doing it for me. " I say avoiding his sass.

" That's not a good deal right now Faizon. " He responds, adamantly.

" What you mean? Why not? " I squat down on my bed, rubbing my hand down my face.

" Just not right now is all I'm saying. They need time apart to reevaluate, and so do we. " He says with conviction.

" Man I don't know what else to say. If I apologize I'll be lying. I did what was right. Don't know any other way to kick it to you. " I sigh.

" I gotta go! I'm busy at the moment. I'll call you later on. " He says, trying to rush me off the phone.

" You for real? "

" Yes. Talk to you later. " He responds hanging up the phone.

I pull the phone away from my ear, placing it back on the charger. I looked at the time seeing it was still slightly early. I figured I could grab a quick snack. I walk out of my room towards the stairs. I pass La'rey's room seeing he wasn't in there. He really trying his hardest not to show how hurt he is, but I know he going through it. He won't really talk to anybody because he trying to look strong. I see right through the facade he's letting on.

I walk down the stairs seeing the front door open, and La'rey standing there. Once I get all the way down the stairs, La'rey moves to the side as another body steps into our house. I was surprised to see it was our cousin Jonah. I was surprised because we hadn't seen him in years. Dad's side of the family kind of became a blur to us after we moved away. It was nice seeing him though.