Bickslow x Reader: Awake My Soul

Bickslow's eyes flickered over to the table in the center of the hall. It was lacking attention, aged and rickety as it was. A lone soul, (y/n), sat by herself, occupying the single chair at the crafted wood. A small twitch in her lips caused the green-haired mage to groan and make his way over.

The seith mage pulled a seat from the next table over and brought it close to the girl. He sat on backward; the chair supporting his chest. "Hey."

(y/n) waved, a tiny smile printed onto her face.

Bickslow cocked his head to one side. "Whatcha doin?"

(Y/n) pointed at the job board, despite messy crowds of people hovering around it, she gazed at its requests.

Bickslow contorted his facial expression into something that resembled amusement. "You can read it from here?"

She nodded.

"And your superb eyesight compensates for your lack of talking?"

She shrugged with a beam before resting her cheek upon her palm.

The man nodded. "That's cute." He continued by calling his 'babies' away from Freed and over to him. "Let's go, babies! Over here," the knight called, pointing at the table.

Papa, Pepe, and whichever the others had been blessed to have been named, arrived. They buzzed circles around the table before settling in the middle.

(Y/n)'s whole face lit up. She placed a hand on one doll. It returned her gesture by shifting out from under her palm and circling around her head of (h/c) hair. Bickslow watched her giggle. He smirked and stuck his tongue out. "Don't be stealin' my babies now."

(Y/n)'s face changed from happiness to sad joy. "They aren't babies anymore, Bickslow."

The knight was confused. "What?"

(Y/n) placed a hand over his chest. A lilac light engulfed one of Bickslow's doll. The light died down. The tiny barrel dropped onto the table.

To the girl's left was a matching lilac silhouette of a person.

Bickslow shook with anxiety and quiet anticipation. "What have you done? What is this?!" His crimson eyes were wide, on the brink of tears.

(Y/n) gave Bickslow a sincere look. "This is one of the souls you have saved over the years. Papa, correct?"

The silhouette extended its hand to Bickslow, to which he shook. "Hi, master." The soul vibrated.

"Hey..."

(Y/n) smiled again, warmth gracing her features.

"You should let us out like this more often," Papa suggested. "And meet the others too, sometime."

"Y-yeah. 'Course."

Papa walked over to Bickslow and embraced him. "We all love you. See you 'round."

With that, the lilac silhouette disappeared. (Y/n) looked over at Bickslow, his face unreadable. Papa's doll became life-like once more, now buzzing around with its companions.

"How did you do that?" He asked.

(Y/n) reached out to his chest and touched it. "I awakened your soul. And I let you see the potential of your magic."

The man paused for a moment. He held (y/n)'s gaze. "So you and I..."

"Are exactly the same," she finished.

Bickslow ran a hand through his hair and pursed his thin lips. A feeling of brashness surged through him like lightning. He then stood up from the table and grabbed (y/n)'s hand.

"Where are we going, Bickslow?" She asked.

"A job."

"Right now?"

He nodded, a helmet now consuming his face. "We should get to know each other—I, want to know you."