Part Five

It felt like it had started all over again. This feeling. This friendship thing. It was... euphoria. To have someone there for you when you need them? It's amazing. I think everyone should cherish their friends, even if that was something I didn't do. Something I never did with Felix. I didn't cherish his presence enough. It wasn't enough because I didn't trust him after he left. And even after that feeling of betrayal, I never really talked to him, which made matters worse. That doesn't matter now though. I'm starting again. And I won't regret my actions.

"Cry," Said a voice. "Are you alright?" I looked up. Jaston was busy reading a book. I guess I had fallen asleep. I looked around and saw that I was face-down on a desk. In a library.

"Yeah, I'm alright, thanks." I groaned, rubbing the back of my head. Jaston was reading a collection of Edgar Allen Poe stories. He was quite the reader. He never left his house without a book. I guess that was a flaw but still a good thing about Jaston. He had vast knowledge and could quote just about anything yet, he was way too interested in books. I just don't know, actually. He's smart, at least. He can figure out what to do by himself, is what I thought.

"You were mumbling something in your sleep, you know? Something about someone named Felix?" Jaston's voice faded at the word Felix. Crap. Did I really say that? But why did Jaston look so... awed?

"Is it Felix the Youtuber? PewDiePie?" Jaston beamed. His smile was as radiant as ever. I chuckled and nodded at him. He just couldn't take the grin off his face at that time, his hands gripping tightly at his library book.

"When you said you're a Youtuber, I never really wondered if you knew famous people!" Jaston laughed. "I don't really watch a lot of Felix's videos so I wouldn't know, really."

"Well, now you know." I smiled but it soon faded quickly. What would he think of me if I told him why I was mumbling about Felix? He'd just--

"I think we should go now," Jaston said, interrupting my thoughts. "I have some work to do. You probably should go prep up some YouTube video!" He chortled. I didn't laugh, though.

"Yeah, let's go." I agreed and we walked out the library. Jaston and I both felt the cold breeze rush past us as we exited the warmth of the library. I shivered. Fall was really getting to me. I hated feeling cold. Then I felt an arm around my shoulder. To my right was a smiling Jaston with his arm slung over my shoulders. Honestly, it didn't make a difference to how cold I felt but I knew that he felt that he was doing something. I looked down at the ground.

"Thanks, Jaston. And thanks for being my friend." I mumbled quietly, just hoping he didn't hear.

..........

I woke up to my phone ringing. I opened my eyes slowly, hoping that it wasn't too bright outside. It wasn't. The sun wasn't even completely over the horizon so it cast a pinkish hue in my room. I looked over to my phone. It was Felix again. I ignored it like always. How long had it been though? Since I last talked to him? Since I was betrayed? A whole month. It felt like no time at all had passed yet an ache in my heart told me I longed for his calls, the messages, his failing attempts to contact me... And I ignored every single attempt, kept to myself, and drowned in the misery of losing a friend, feebly trying to replace him. The replacement happened faster than I expected. Honestly, I never expected one. With the way I treated Felix, how would anyone bother to talk to me? Life was unfair this way but you just got to live it, I suppose. it's the only life you got.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone and mustered all the courage I could into that one word. That was it. After a whole month of missed calls, this was it.

"Oh my god... Cry?! You don't know how long I've been trying to reach you! It's been, like--"

"A month." Was all I said. "I-It's been a month."

"Uh... Yeah," Felix was confused. I didn't know what to do, other than show that I was mad.

"I'm sorry, Cry, for what I did. It was cruel of me to just leave out of the blue like that. I promise it won't happen again when I come back--"

"Come back? What do you mean come back?" I felt my body go numb.

"I'm coming back, Cry. Don't worry. I'll be your best friend again!" And he hung up. The numbness was overwhelming and I slumped back in bed. He's coming back? I'm still mad at him, right? Right? No, wrong. I wasn't mad at all. I always wanted him to come back to me. My heart always wanted that. I just never showed it. But Felix.... wanted to be my friend again. But don't I already have a friend? Jaston? What will I do? I can obviously have more than one friend but... Jaston was solely a replacement for Felix. I could dispose of him now that Felix is back, right? No. I couldn't do that. Why? That's not fair to Jaston. After all the times we've spent together, only to tell him that he was a replacement?

Why is life so complicated?

..........

[A/N: Please tell me what you think? I'm aware of any possible grammatical/spelling mistakes there may be lol]