Chapter 2

~ Quinn's  p.o.v ~

"Do you think you'll ever date him?"
Clarissa asked me as we waited for our food we ordered to be given to us. My jaw dropped and I laughed.
"No! We're just friends"
"With benefits"
She finished my sentence. I rolled my eyes.

"Mark doesn't want to date anyone. He wants to focus more on his career"
I clarified.

It was true. Mark and I had this talk before. He went through a bad breakup about a year ago. Ever since he hasn't really been interested in dating anyone. Who can blame him right? He's always on blast since he's known by millions of people all around the world. You never really get much privacy. It's like your whole life is a reality tv show.

"Two Hotdogs with ketchup, no mustard?"
The cashier lady said. We took our hotdogs and started walking back to our school.

Mark wanted me to go to his practice today. They've been practicing like crazy before traveling season started and Mark said he was pretty stressed about it and needed someone there to be cheering him on.

"You know Quinn, i don't think you've missed any of his practices since the season started"
"The season started like three weeks ago"
"Yeah but there's home practices everyday"

I unwrapped the tin foil off my hotdog.
"I'm there to support him. And I literally have nothing better else to do since all my friends are out partying"
I said taking a bite out of my hotdog.

"You know...I really miss the old you. You were so much fun"
She smiled. I looked at her.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"You don't do what you used to do with the squad anymore, y'know?"
"Why would you say that?"
I laughed as I felt my chest starting to burn.
"Quinn, it's the truth. You've changed so much since-"
"Don't bring him into this..."
Clarissa let out a sigh and frowned.
"I'm sorry. Look...I gotta go"
"What about our plans?"
"How about we do it some other time? Besides, Mark hates me and I'd be the last person he'd want to see at his practice"
A grin crept up on her lips. She brushed her hand against mine.

"I'll text ya later"
She said as she walked the opposite direction of me.
"Later..."
I mumbled. I looked at my unwrapped hotdog and dropped it to the ground.

*

"Nice job today"
I said to Mark as he ran over to me. I raised my hand to give him a high five and he smacks my hand hard, making it sting.
"Mark!"
I yelled as I held my hand. He started laughing. I punched his shoulder.
"Ah Quinn! I'm sore and you know that"
He whined.
"Well stop being so rough with me and I won't be rough with you"
I said cockily. He threw his bag over his shoulder and ran his fingers through his hair, fixing it up before putting back on his baseball cap. We started walking to my truck.
"I'm craving some panda express tonight, you down?"
"I'm broke"
"I got some money"
He insisted.
"That's new,"
I said under my breath. I grabbed my keys out of my back pocket and unlocked the truck.

"Wait- I left my phone in the locker room"
He said checking his pockets.
"Are you sure it's not in your bag?"
"No. I left it in my locker"
He huffed.

"I'll be right back"
He said as he started walking back to the school. I leant against my truck, scrolling through my social media.

Minutes kept going by and he still wasn't back. It felt like he was gone for an hour. I looked around one last time before texting him

Me- "Hey where are you?"

My phone gets taken out of my hands.
"Hey-"
I look up, realizing who it was. I reached out for my phone.
"Give my phone back"
I demanded.

"I just wanna talk to you, okay?"