Chapter4-

Jess' pov-

I was running behind time as I quickly jumped into my car, starting the engine and heading out of the drive way. I should get my own place, was sinking through my head as I drove. I pulled up out the front of "Cam's Ice-Creamery" and grabbed my bag of the passenger seat and ran inside.

"Hey" I called out of breath to my work friend Sam.

"Why hello" she smiled happily, as she followed me through the doors to get to the back of the store where we had the kitchen and what-not.

"Hey cam!" I waved and peeked my head through the open door that led to his small yet spacious office.

"Hi love" he smiled before looking back at his laptop screen. I put my bag in my little locker, and grabbed my apron from the hanger with my name above it and shoved it on my waist quickly. It may sound weird, but I loved working here. I'm not quite sure what it was, but something about the atmosphere was good and I loved it!

I headed back out the front whilst Sam was talking some random stuff and I half listened in and half tuned out. I looked up just in time to see someone entering the store.

"Hi! How can i help you?" I smiled genuinely at the elderly couple that had entered the store just seconds before.

"hello! Could we please get one, waffle cone with two scoops of chocolate and one, waffle cone with one scoop vanilla and one scoop mint." the man smiled at me, pulling his wallet out of his pocket.

"yes of course" I said. I got the cones and filled each with the requested order. I put the ice creams in the holders on top of the bench.

"That will come to $10.20" I told the couple.

"oh shoot, I'm $2 short" he muttered under his breath. Before I could reply saying they could just pay the rest and not worry about the $2 a boy behind them quickly came up beside them.

"here you go" he smiled dropping the money in the old ladies hand.

"oh, thank you dear but we can't except this" she said, trying to hand the money back.

"No, I insist" he smiled once again. The couple used the money they had plus the money the boy had given them and left happily holding hands and enjoying their ice-creams.

I looked up and realised that "boy" was Niall. oh great, he's here with his friend.

"SAM, OUT FRONT" I shouted whilst walking out the back as she pushed past me going to the front.

"JESS?" I heard Niall call. I walked back out front and looked at him.

"What" I hissed back, he just stood there looking at me.

"Oh uhm, hi" he awkwardly waved and chuckled at the same time.

"Ugh" I muttered under my breath. "Yeh, hi" I said without looking at him. I passed the front desk, and Niall, and started picking up the rubbish that was left on the previously used tables. "I saw you at the coffee shop earlier" he continued "on the corner, anyways. Why'd you leave so quickly. You left as soon as your order came because you saw me" He was now standing I front of me, leaving his friend at the front desk.

"Uh no, I had somewhere to be. Not everything is about you Niall." I angrily replied "cocky much" I smirked up at him before moving on to the next table.

Nialls pov-

My child hood friend Sarah and I were walking around the streets of London as she moved here recently. We went to a little coffee shop in the late morning and I swear I saw Jess, but you know. Could have been someone else.

Sarah and I had just been walking around town when she spotted this ice cream shop so we decided to check it out. Once I walked in and saw Jess serving and older couple who were just a few dollars shorts of there charge, I thought it would be nice to give them the extra money so that's exactly what I did. Jess hadn't realised it was me by then. As soon as she did she was out of there like a bullet.

She resurfaced from the back of the shop after I called her name and said hello. She muttered a hi and kept working. Completely ignoring me. What.

"Cocky much" she smirked at me as she moved onto cleaning the next table. uhm ok, that was uncalled for and did kinda hurt.

Jess' pov-

"Just, let me work" I sighed at Niall "please" he looked at me before heading back up to the front desk to order his choice.

"Thanks" he smiled at Sam holding out the right amount of money before turning around and looking at me, once again.

"Look, just text me" he smiled.

"Ugh, I already did" I growled angrily. "Have a good day" I grinned brightly at his friend.

"Im Sarah!" She waved with a smile.

I pointed to my name tag and laughed "I'm Jess"

"So. You too know each other?" She asked "yeh, something like that" I muttered.

"Anyways, I best be back to work. Have a fun day you two" I told them.

"Nice meeting you" she smiled "likewise" I laughed along with her.

"Bye, jess! Talk soon" Niall called with a chuckle whilst opening the door.

"In your dreams" I called back with a cocky smile on my face.

"Wow" Sam and I laughed simultaneously.

-A/N-

Hope you guys are enjoying this's story.

Comments and votes are nice, because to let's me know people are actually reading my random, boring stuff lol.

lots of love

~ gigi <3 xox