Chapter 8 - Fro-Yo, Oh No...

"So, why have I not heard about this Ryan until now?" 

I sighed from inside the stall I was currently changing in. "Maybe because I just met him the other day?" 

"Alison made it seem otherwise!" 

"That's because Alison doesn't know when to keep her big fat mouth shut," I growled, and I heard her giggle on the other side. 

"I was just teasing her, Joan. Besides, she's already long past the first kiss stage."

"WHAT?" I heard my aunt shriek, and I winced. Alison was going to be paying for this later.

"What is she talking about, Emily? I expect an honest answer!" 

"It's nothing, Aunt Joan, really." 

"It doesn't sound like nothing! Stop lying!" 

"Yeah, Emily," I could tell Alison was fighting to restrain her laughter. "Come clean about all of your sexual escapades!"

My aunt shrieked again and the urge to strangle my best friend intensified as I leaned on the stall door and rested my forehead on my arms, trying to calm down so I could avoid snapping at my aunt. 

"EMILY! I thought you would tell me this kind of stuff! I thought I was the cool aunt!" 

"Apparently, you've been replaced," Alison snickered, and I knew she was just as close to losing it as I was, even if it was for entirely different reasons. She was enjoying herself far too much. 

"Alison," I said in a low voice. "You better carefully consider the next couple words that come out of your mouth."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because they're going to be your last."

"Oooo, can I get them put on my headstone? Because I know exactly what to say if I can do that!" 

"Emily! Quiet evading me!" I heard my aunt whine. I sighed again. 

"I didn't tell you about any of them because they never made it past the first date. They were losers, I don't talk to any of them anymore, and nothing happened with any of them. Happy now?" 

"Then why was Alison-"

"Alison's a dirty stinking rat and a terrible friend," I said quickly, making sure that Alison couldn't say anything else before I could. "She loves to make my life miserable, apparently." 

"Just for you, baby!" She slammed her fist on the stall door, making me jump which made her laugh again. 

My aunt was quiet for a little while, but then it sounded like she was talking from the entrance to the bathroom. "I expect to hear all of the details about this little date later, young lady! You managed to avoid me for all the other ones, but you aren't going to get away with that for this one!" 

I didn't bother responding, aside from mentally cursing. I started searching through the bag of clothes that my aunt had brought for me to find my shirt.

Then I started swearing out loud. 

"FUCK! Aunt Joan, you grabbed the wrong shirt!"

She didn't respond, which confirmed that she had left the bathroom when I had heard her near the door. 

"Which one did she grab?" Alison seemed to have collected herself, and was now concerned over my sudden outburst. 

"You know the one that we got from on sale from that one store, that I wore once and then vowed to never wear again after I found out how tight it was over my chest?"