When The Sun Rose Again- Chapter Five

Their first show for the tour, and it went great. The crowd was cheering and begging for more as the band walked off stage. Jerry sat his guitar down, and grabbed a bottle of water.

As he turned it up to take a drink, Layne hit the bottom of the bottle, causing Jerry to miss his mouth and spill the water all over his shirtless body.

"Layne!" Jerry scolded. Layne chuckled.

"What's wrong? I think you look pretty good like that." Layne said, sending him a wink before he kept on walking, probably to go to the dressing room.

Jerry blushed, and opened his mouth to speak, but Layne was already out of sight.

"He's totally got the hots for you." Sean said, laying his hand on Jerry's shoulders.

"How do you know that?"

"By the way he looks at you. It's pretty obvious."

"What's obvious?" Mike asked, joining the conversation.

"That Layne likes Jerry."

"Oh, I figured that out a long time ago." Mike said, shrugging his shoulders.

Jerry bit his lip, his stomach feeling all fluttery inside. "He doesn't not."

"Dude, he just called you hot!"

Mike's eyes went wide. "What? Layne called Jerry hot? Shit, I miss everything."

"Trust me, man, he likes you." Sean said. Jerry chuckled, shaking his head, before he continued on to the dressing room.

* * *

Jerry sat on the couch, his guitar laying across his lap, playing random songs that came to his head. He was trying to think of ideas for new songs.

"Where are you guys going?" Jerry asked. His bandmates were now standing in front of him, all dressed up.

Jerry blinked hard. He remembered this. It was the memory Eddie showed him. He had to stop Layne from going with them. But how?

Jerry sat his guitar down, hoping up from the couch. He walked over to Layne who was tying up his shoes.

"You're going too?" He asked. Layne looked up at him.

"I'm sorry. It's-"

"Please don't go." Jerry pleaded. He was determined to get Layne to stay with him. Whatever it took.

"I want to go."

"But... you said we'd work on the new songs together."

"I know, but I promise we'll work on them tomorrow. You should come with us." Layne insisted. Jerry shook his head.

"You should stay here with me."

Layne furrowed his eyebrows. "Why? Is everything okay?"

Jerry shook his head. "No, Layne, it's not. Please, please stay here with me tonight."

Jerry was holding onto Layne's shoulders, staring into his blue eyes. Layne stared back into his, slowly nodding his head, giving into him.

"Okay. I'll stay here with you tonight." Layne said. Jerry sighed in relief, smiling softly.

"Good. Thank you." Jerry said. That was easier than he thought it would be.

"Layne, ready to go?" Mike asked. Layne shook his head.

"Jerry's not feeling so well, so I'm going to stay here with him tonight. But you guys go. We'll see you later."

"Don't wait up for us." Mike said, grabbing his jacket. Jerry playfully rolled his eyes.

Once the two were gone, the bus was silent. Jerry wasn't sure what to say, but he was only happy that Layne decided to stay with him.

"So, are you going to tell me what's going on?" Layne finally asked. Jerry bit his lip.

"Uh... well, honestly, nothing. I... I just wanted to be here alone with you tonight, Layne."

Layne blushed. "Oh. How come?"

Jerry saw the blush on his cheeks, and he began to blush himself. "Oh, I-I didn't mean it like that! I, uh... shit."

Jerry was feeling completely embarrassed now. Layne laughed, running his fingers through his dreadlocks. "Yeah, it's okay. I get it."

Layne looked down at his lap, his fingers twisting around little pieces of his ripped jeans. Jerry watched him.

"It's just... I miss you. I just want to spend every second I can with you. This all feels like a dream, Layne, but I don't want to wake up. Ever. I don't want to ever wake up."

Jerry tried to explain. He wanted to tell Layne so bad about everything. About the wish, about going back in time, but he couldn't. Not yet anyway. He didn't want to fuck things up.

"Do you really mean that?" Layne said. Jerry nodded his head.

"I do. I don't want to be without you, Layne. Not-"

Jerry was interrupted by Layne's lips pressing into his. He froze in his spot; his breath catching in his throat. He couldn't deny that electrical shock that hit his body. A spark lit up inside him.

Layne's arms wrapped around Jerry's neck; pressing his lips harder into the surprised man's in front of him. Jerry kissed back, their lips began to move in perfect harmony.

Everything left Jerry's mind. The dreams, the wish, everything. Except Layne's lips. His soft, sweet, pink lips that he was already becoming addicted to in such short time.

Jerry ran his tongue along Layne's bottom lip, asking for entrance, which Layne allowed. On Layne's tongue, he could taste cigarettes, but Jerry didn't mind.

Their tongues flicked against each other's, and began to fight for dominance. As they continued, Layne slowly crawled on top of Jerry; straddling his lap.

Jerry wrapped his arms around Layne. He could feel the sparks flying between them. It was a feeling he didn't ever want to go away.

Soon, the kiss broke, both boy's now breathless. Layne cupped both Jerry's cheeks, and looked into his eyes. Jerry could still taste Layne on his tongue, and it made him want more.

"Jerry..." He spoke cautiously, as if he were afraid of Jerry's reaction.

"Well... uh... That was nice." Jerry said quietly. Layne chuckled, pressing his lips against Jerry's one last time for just a small, gentle kiss.

"Did you like it?" Layne asked. Jerry blushed.

"Well, yeah. I mean... it was... it was nice. Did, uh... Did you?"

Layne nodded his head, biting his bottom lip. "Yeah, I did. Jerry, I-I like you. I like you a lot."

Jerry smiled. "I like you, too, Layne."

This is just a dream. I'm going to wake up soon, crying my eyes out. This isn't happening. I'll never see Layne again. This is impossible. I can't be falling in love with him. Jerry kept repeating in his head.

Layne began to twist little pieces of Jerry's long hair around his fingers. "I want to be with you."

"Then be with me." Jerry replied.

It's just a dream. I'm going to wake up soon.

"You want that? You want me to be your... boyfriend?" Layne asked.

"I do."

Layne smiled. "Okay. Then yes, Jerry, I'll be your boyfriend."

Jerry smiled, looking at Layne. He couldn't get over how beautiful and perfect he was. How sweet and fragile.

"Let's go to bed now. I'm tired." Layne yawned. Jerry chuckled, getting up from his seat, picking Layne up in the process.

He carried Layne's small body to the bunk room where the two laid, holding each other, and falling into a deep sleep.