1 - Pilot and Auditions

Pilot

   Most child actors have a nice little dog, a rich family, and a one way ticket to being on the cover of any cosmopolitan at fourteen.

So what exactly was in there backstage snacks that wasn't in mine?

I either actually got the audition for two reasons. One, I would do anything a person would ask if they would shut up and leave me alone afterwards. Two, my father was scary, psychopathic and scary. Probably the second one.

Sadly though, Karma had come back to get me, and now that I actually cared about acting I needed a role. A real role, which was seeming to be a lot more difficult then I remembered.

What can I say, the horrible thing that is American education made me miss the stage.

It wasn't the factor that I wasn't qualified to get a role. At least I believe I was qualified. It was the fact that I couldn't find any place that I felt at home. A place that my introverted self could actually become a different person.

If I wanted to be an actor again I had to act more like one, even if it meant being a horrible individual.

Please, your polite ass can't do that.

Okay well then.

I went over my mental checklist again. How to be a bratty young T.V star. Written by me, James.

One, a nice little dog.

You have a stepbrother, he's little. He's not very nice, though.

Two, a rich family.

I was already infront of my moms front door and I could hear the breakfast chaos. A big family, that I had left at the age of nineteen, trying to get ready in the morning in a way to small house for five people.

We'll work on the family thing.

I opened the door slowly, trying to spy in and see if it was worth it to stay for breakfast. I didn't want to be to much trouble.

Marge and Bridges were probably fighting over a bathroom. Mom was probably trying to make sure that the twins didn't burn each other with flat irons. All that just left Caleb and David sitting at the kitchen table. I could sit down without having to tell anybody their hair looks okay. I never know what to answer, do you be honest or socially expectable.

"Hey James can I have your pancake!" Caleb yelled almost louder then Bridges and Marge fighting upstairs. Definitely fighting over the flat iron.

"I didn't even get breakfast yet." I answered with the most simple answer I could think up of.

What do I say to a nine year old?

"But when you get it," he stood up one his chair, and his dad didn't even look up from his newspaper, "because I'm your favorite, and your going to give me half of your money when you because famous again!" The little red headed kid sounded so sure of himself.

I picked at the table cloth, which was something new that mom must have added. "I wasn't ever really famous-"

"Oh shut up," Bridget took her normal spot between Caleb and David, "You got more attention from random strangers than my lonely ass ever has from a hot girl."

"Swear jar," David mumbled.

   And Bridges grumbled standing up and put a quarter in the swear jar. "Stupid American currency."

   Now it was starting to turn into a normal morning.

Auditions