6 - The Kissing Scene

The Kissing Scene

   She had bitter discontent with the words since she heard them. Not the type of anger where she would lash out or give any obvious hints. Nothing that I could point out and back up my claim that she hated the idea of kissing me - and okay I'm sorry that hurts me a little. She would just shrug and avoid it.

    If you're going to hate something at least be honest about it!

    It made events around set very very awkward, and when you have to act with someone very very awkward it is very very bad.

   In all honestly by the time the moment had even come up, the anxiety had left. I no longer waited for the event. I waited for the moment that the event would be over.

    And two days couldn't have gone any slower. Each day became a time line of its own. I could write a novel in extreme detail for Monday and Tuesday, and then I could write a whole epic for Wednesday.

     Where do I even start. Maybe at the most crucial event. Maybe at the start up of how I finally put the pieces together. You know the big moment in her life. The big moment in Dorothy's life. I had put this puzzle that had taken over my life together.

   Or maybe I could start with my family. The only reason this sequence of events went horribly wrong. They went around running their mouths "helping me". I think a few of the household knew they weren't doing any good and just decided to mess with my life for entertainment.

   I now realize I know exactly where to start. I'm going to start with the most aggravating, obnoxious, and noisy person I've ever met. He's flamboyant. He's judgmental. He once screamed at a republican out of my car window and almost got me beat up, and then he told a girl that he was friends with John Cena and actually got me beat up.

    Yes that's what I will start with. The most difficult to decipher, but the easiest to read because I plainly knew him so well.

   Alex. I will start with Alex.

1. Alex

   There are three types of best friends. The first is the ancient best friend - you've known this person forever. They can smell when something's wrong and even though they usually don't know how to solve this problem they know how to make you feel better. They're like a comfy blanket or getting your rent payed by someone else. This best friend is my sister Marge.

   The second is the brake out best friend. This person helped you find you, which is why you two eventually end up hating each other. You're best friends, like the best friends that people dream of having. Then you two both change too much, and you stop talking. You don't hate this person. They are the old shoe of best friend or the weird haircut you just want gone.

   The third is the Ride or Die Best Friend and I leave capitals in because this person makes you loud, bright. You two basically have a secret language that only you two understand. They have seen you at your best and you worst, and they have called you out for both. They are the perfection of best friends. What all the movies show.

   Alex was my Ride or Die. Or at least had been until he studied abroad in Nee Zealand for eight months to find himself and shut me out. I should've known ahead of time that Alex is the type of person to find himself.

   So when I saw his contact on my phone screen I became this puddle of desperation that wanted my best friend back. I needed him back especially then. As soon as I took the call, though, and said his name the feeling of betrayal came back.

   I think he could tell because he slowly said. "Hey Jamie. How you doin'?" His slight Boston accent came out, which meant he was uncomfortable.