Chapter 3 - What is heat?

A/N: Some might notice some stuff being repeated. I am using this to show how the information overload is affecting Izzy and Zane is being impacted by her pregnancy. Please don't bother commenting on it since I will ignore those comments.

Zane changes for her

When they walked into the lounge he flopped in his chair and held his arms out, "Come and relax and we can talk or you can rest. I know you didn't sleep well last night." He hadn't either, but he wasn't going to tell her.

"I think I would like to actually laydown. Would you show me your wolf again?" She walked into his room and glanced around. It was obviously his. It had a definite male feel to it. There were several of the LCD picture frames as well as several painted pictures. It was nicer than the room she had been given but if he was in charge it made sense. There was also a small office section.

He walked in and watched her looking around the room, "Why don't you have a seat and I will change for you. I do have a second form, but I will show you him later." He stripped his clothing off and let his wolf come forward. After shaking his fur out, he waited to see what she would do. When she didn't scream, or pass out, he moved over to her and settled his head on her shoulder. His wolf inhaled her scent and now they both knew she was pregnant and with their pups. His wolf could tell the scents of her pups. He wanted to growl protectively, but kept it in, as it would probably scare her.

The old wolf watched him change before coming over and giving Zane a good sniff and rubbed against him. He had saved him and allowed him to remain with the pack for several years. This was his way of returning the favor. He would watch the person until when she whelped her pups.

She touched his head and slowly started stroking his fur and ears for a time, "I assume you can understand me. I am going to lay down and try and get some sleep or at least rest." Izzy urged his head off her and pulled the sweat pants off and the shirt before crawling under the blankets. When she felt his heavy body make the bed move she tensed. When she looked, he had his back to her and his head on the pillow, facing the door. With a sigh, she closed her eyes and eventually fell asleep.

Even though Zane had hopped onto the bed the wolf settled down next to the bed and relaxed. If they were going to sleep he was going to relax as well. A light doze since it would allow him to wake if someone came into the room.

Welcome to lycanisms

Waking up, Izzy felt fur and wondered how a stuffed toy could feel so warm, as she snuggled closer, before waking fully and finding herself pressed tight against Zane's back and arm wrapping partway around his chest. The wolf form was large enough her arm barely reached the midline of his chest. His fur was nice and soft against her, and he was nice and warm.

Zane had woken slightly before her, when she woke he slipped off the bed and after a good stretch he shifted forms. As he was getting ready to get dressed there was a knock on the door before Tessa poked her head in, "Lunch is here Zane. We have the nutritional requirements for Izzy. See you in a few." She closed the door behind her as she left.

The wolf glanced up from where he was laying and the scent was familiar. He yawned and finally stood to stretch.

Izzy had been sitting up and stretching when Tessa poked her head in. She eeped and jerked the sheet up until she left, "Is that common? Just knock and walk in?" It was something she hoped wasn't a common occurrence.

Her question made him sigh. It had been so long since he had dealt with humans on a frequent basis, "I will talk to the team. Unless we are active with someone my junior wolves will normally knock and walk in. It is part of their job to ensure the senior wolves in our team have what they need. Since I informed Jacob I was bringing you back for a nap after medical Tessa knew we weren't going to do anything." He wasn't going to tell her when two wolves were enjoying time it was felt over the bonds. It was primarily within a team who would really sense it.