Chapter 5 - Visiting Izzy's family

Tashi shows up

The next morning, they met everyone for breakfast and by now the entire pack knew she was pregnant with his pups. It was interesting since a number of the pack had taken a few moments here and there to congratulate them. Not all but many had. It was hard since both were dealing with what had happened. For Zane, it was knowing he was going to have pups with a human who wasn't his mate. With Izzy, it was knowing she was pregnant with what the pack called pups. They had talked but they needed to keep talking. Both were almost dancing around the other but they were trying hard to work things out.

Later in the day Tashi had shown up. It had been interesting since she had walked into the team section, sniffed, turned to Zane and Izzy and stared at them. It took her several moments to say anything. When she did it wasn't the most intelligent, "Pregnant? Your pups, not mates?" She had to shake her head, "She is pregnant with your pups but you aren't mates? What?"

Zane started laughing before introducing her, "Izzy this is Tashi and she is the next Pride Leader for her Pride. She is a lazy cat type shifter and a good friend." He looked at Tashi, "Have a seat and the answer is yes to both. Yes, she is pregnant and yes, she isn't my mate. Adam classified it as Goddess Willed."

Izzy looked at her and she was obviously some sort of Asian. Based on her facial features she had some Mongol in her, "Friend? Another one of that type of friend?" She gave Zane a good look before she looked back at Tashi, "Pleased to meet another friend of Zane's. He has introduced me to a number of his female friends." There was a hint of barb there though not for Tashi.

Her poking made him want to groan, "Tashi, she is still dealing with certain aspects of being a Were. Mainly issues like heat and stuff like that." He nipped at Izzy's ear and grinned when she jerked away.

Tashi heard the barb and then started grinning at Zane, "Are you saying your past is catching up with you? Yes, I am a friend of his and we have spent time together. We are just friends though and nothing else. So you are carrying his pups? You have my sympathy for having to deal with him. He is such a horrible dog type person. All structured and uptight. Doesn't know how to relax unlike us cats." She settled down across from them. She called out a greeting to the others in the room.

Izzy gave Tashi a good look, "At least someone is willing to admit they spent time with him. There is a conspiracy of silence as to who he has been with. I am considering getting him a chastity belt for when heat hits..." She bared her teeth at him when he glowered at her.

The people in the room started laughing. They talked for a while before Izzy stood, "I am going to the hot springs, would you care to join me Tashi? I would love to hear some stories about Zane." She ignored him as she left the room.

He glowered at her back even as Tashi left the room only to be followed by Tessa. She was going to be there to ensure they didn't need anything while they talked. Since she was going to the hot springs he stood, "Need to go to my office and check on a few things. Talk to you later." He left the room as well. When she was done soaking she could find him if she wanted.

Preparation to go visit Izzy's family

Thankfully the balance of the weekend had gone reasonably smoothly. He was still feeling slightly grumpy at her insistence on knowing who he had been with. It didn't matter since he wasn't seeing any of them right now. He had only been with her since before she had been pregnant. Zane had decided not to say anything further about it though if she kept nagging about it he might. Either that or he was going to say something he was going to regret.

It didn't help they had plans to go and visit her family the following weekend. He had been working his ass off to get all his reports and paperwork caught up and organized. Melody would fill in for him while he was gone. She knew what he was dealing with but he wanted to ensure everything was tidy before leaving.