Chapter 6 - Zane is a what?

Brook is pregnant

When Tessa received the request from Jess to prep a couple of guest rooms for Adam's family she asked why. When Jess informed her Brook was pregnant, she damn near hit the ceiling. She was so pleased she actually squeed enough to wake the others which was saying something. It was also her sudden reaction over the bonds which woke them as well. It was virtually impossible to keep so much excitement from flowing over the bonds. She was bouncing in bed at the news.

Zane ended up staggering into her room and glowered at her, "What the heck was that? I was sleeping as was Izzy." She followed him in and it was obvious both were still half asleep.

Tessa glanced at them and squeed again, "Brook is pregnant. I was just informed about it and to get some of the guest rooms cleaned up and ready. Adam's family is going to be here as soon as possible." She was almost glowing with happiness. This would give the pack an heir apparent which was always a good thing. For the moment, Tessa ignored the possibility Brook might miscarry. It was possible but she wasn't going to expect it.

Others came into the room and at the news they started howling in pleasure. The two had been mated for over ten years and it was time for them to have a pup.

Izzy stared at Tessa before she started smiling, "Good for them. I am so pleased." She had an obvious baby bump and had started wearing maternity clothing which made it even more obvious. By now she had come to terms with her pregnancy and was looking forward to seeing their children.

Eventually the team stopped their howl of pleasure. Zane stood, "I have work to do. I need to set up a guard rotation for Brook. I will see you later Izzy." He walked to his room, pulled some clothing on and headed to his office, *Meeting of all off duty senior enforcers in my office in a half hour. I will have coffee and some food ready.* He sent a message to one of the kitchen staff to bring what was needed to his office.

When Jacob and Oscar carried the items in he shook his head. Zane should have known they were going to take care of it, "Thanks guys. Go back to your mates and if I need anything I will let you know." He was sitting at the head of the table as the other senior enforcers came in. It didn't take long for everyone to show up and settle down after getting something to eat and drink, "As I am sure you know Adam had confirmed Brook is pregnant. I want volunteers to keep a watch on their rooms and to be close by in case she needs anything. Once I can adjust the schedules this will become a normal rotation but it is going to take a few days to work it out."

Across the board everyone lifted their heads and howled satisfaction before they settled down. Toby spoke, "I have already been contacted by a number of enforcers. I will work the list up and send it to you. Right now, I do have two assigned for the interim. They will be relieved during breakfast so the next two can take over."

"Good job Toby. Get me the list after breakfast and I will review it. See about what sort of schedule we can work out in addition to the patrols. I know we do it weekly but do a full diagnostic on the sensors. If you feel we need to add some get me the locations and needs. I will talk to Adam about it. If anyone has any concerns about Brook and what we need to protect her and the Alpha heir come to me immediately."

The meeting went on for another half hour as they discussed options on how to protect Brook. Zane was not looking forward to talking to her but she was going to have to deal with his decisions. If she tried to use an Alpha order to block the protection, he would go to Adam. He knew his responsibilities and he was going to honor them, "I think we have a good start. Go back to bed and we will continue this after breakfast. Toby let me know if you wish to call someone in who is on patrol. If needed I will go and replace them for the balance." He stood and as the meeting was breaking up Jacob and Oscar came in again and started cleaning the room up.