[AMACon4] Favorite

Coffee, Tea, or Me?

Coffee

At the beginning you were coffee, a cup of brewed espresso or a glass of ice-cold mocha. That was how I saw you when we started, even with split screens.

You gave me reason to wake up everyday, wake up happy and energized. Just the sight of you completes my day, and that moment I met you the first time - like how I first took a sip.

You were sweet and hot and creamy, and yet the bitterness in my mouth is present. The past is there, you learned every single bit of me. I bared it all, for the first time. The bitterness of our pasts were there, and yet this is our third cup of coffee.

Like an ice-cold mocha, you make me smile. With whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Ah yes, childhood. You let me out, you broke my walls, you showed me how society will never accept you completely, so why hide who you are?

You are my coffee, and every morning I need you.

Tea

As the sun set and night unfolds, you became my cup of tea. My companion on a lonely night, on a busy night, on a workless evening. You calm me down.

This was when I realized how one of a kind you are, strong yet soothing. This is the real you, not a cup full of energy but a sip of peace. Not many appreciate the real you, for they have not yet had the privilege. Most had you mixed with milk, the drink most now enjoy.

And maybe I'm selfish, but I never told anyone else. About you, the real you. My tea, whom I need before I sleep.

Me

They say that when you fall in love, that one person becomes your favorite song, your favorite food, your favorite drink.

But when I fell in love with you, you were every drink I tasted. You are my water, my juice, my cola, my energy drink. The frappe I ordered and the shake I bought.

You're the coffee I needed in the morning, and the tea I long for at night.

You are you, Maine, my love.