Chapter 10

Author's Note: Wow .. I have been gone for so long, AGAIN. I thought my summer would give me lots of freetime to write, but I joined a sports team so it's been very time consuming. I tried to make this chapter really long, but it just ended up as a type of filler, LOL. I gotta work on that and get back on track. I might end the book around 20 chapters? Do you think that's a good amount?

P.S. For previous readers, I decided to change the ending of this chapter! Originally it was very cheesy so I changed it HAHA. Let me know if you want to know the original!

GIF: V saying "It was fun."

YouTube: V - "Someone Like You - Cover"

___________________

'I knew you looked familiar! You remind me of SoonShim!'

I reread the last text V sent to me five days ago. I never replied because I didn't know what to say back to that. He really has been super sweet to me during his stay at the Jeongs. Now that I think about it, he was never really around Jungkook, maybe it was because Ae Ra needed Jungkook's help for auditions or was it because V just wanted to hang out with ... -- I cut myself off from the idea and got ready for the day. 

Now that the auditions for JYPE and Big Hit Entertainment is only 1 day away, Ae Ra isn't practicing as hard as usual so that her voice won't be hoarse and she won't get hurt for the auditions. Now she chooses two songs that she plans on singing for her auditions and she sends recordings of herself to Jungkook who gives her tips while I help with her English pronunciation. 

"Ae Raaaaaa~ Time to practice again for your auditions." I said loudly so Ae Ra could hear me from her room. She shouted back so I knew she heard me. I heard her muffled singing coming from her room so I went into my -- well Jungkook's room -- to get ready to go to the store. Since her audition is tomorrow, I decided to go all out and make a really big fancy meal to wish her luck. 

I knocked on Ae Ra's room and told her, "Ae Ra, I'm going to go grocery shopping for a bit so keep practicing and I'll look at your recordings later okay?" 

She was silent for a bit but then she replied by asking, "Which supermarket are you going to and for how long?" I was a bit surprised by what she asked considering the fact that she usually never asks me these questions and would just say 'Okay' but I didn't mind so I said the name of the store and told her I might be gone for 30 minutes to an hour depending on if I find what I need and if the bus gets to the stops on time. She repeated what I said a bit louder and then said okay. I told her she was weird and then left the house.

I walked towards the bus stop and saw the bus drive past me and down the street. I tried to run and catch up to the bus so that I wouldn't have to wait for another bus. I made sure to run around people walking on the street and to avoid people on their bikes. I was about 20 feet from the bus stop when I saw a bicyclist coming towards me on my left side. I moved a bit towards the right so that we wouldn't crash into each other. All of a sudden, I hear a bell and I see a shop door open and a kid joyfully runs out. He jumps around and looks back at the door to see his mom who is holding the door for other customers going inside. 

I look back towards the child and see the bicyclist trying to move around the child but he couldn't so I run even faster than I was before and try to grab the child before he got hit. I lifted the child from under its arms and hugged them tightly while jumping towards the right away from the path of the man on the bike, but because everything happened so quickly, I landed on my right knee and fell down holding the child. Luckily, we avoided getting hit by the biker so we were safe now.