Dylan

I stood there wide-eyed and mouth agape as i wondered how he found me.
Okay I was still approaching a corner just a few steps from the front entrance I'd used. But he was supposed to be waiting for me at the back entrance. That's what we agreed on... and by we I mean only him.

"What..how did you.. where did you...why?" I stuttered.

"I know babe I'm sorry. It was important. But I'm here now aren't I?" He said as he hugged me.

That was when I realised what might be going on.
Behind him where I was now looking stood four guys I remember seeing at the back entrance before class. They had all their attention on us like they  do now.
That was  when I registered that maybe this guy was trying to prove something to them.

The thought of that did not help in calming me down but instead it made me furious.  He was using me!

Not that I expected anything less but did I look that cheap or easy that he just picked on me.

Remembering my position with him I thought maybe that was true because if It was another girl he would have probably earned himself a slap.

I pushed myself from his arms and looked at him ready to give him a piece my mind but I forgot he was good at cutting people off. And maybe reading people's minds to because he spun me around and led me to the opposite direction, moving us away from his friends.

When he looked satisfied with the distance between us  and his friends he said to me, " I'm going to answer all your questions"

I tried to open my mouth to start asking but he,yet again, beat me to it.

"I said to meet at the back entrance so as to make looking for you easier for myself. I knew you would not use the back entrance so I only had to guard this two front entrances. Simpler. You might or might not have figured out, those guys are my friends and I told that last year that my girl was coming here this year so they'd stop pestering me to find a girlfriend. This year they wanted to meet her. I had ran out of excuses so I had to make a plan. You're it. Any questions?"

He said the words so fast I ended up just staring at him. Shock, confusion and fury burning in my blood.
If looks could kill, this guy would be daggared to that wall opposite us.

I felt so disregarded, so insignificant  so disrespected. How could he just pick on me to be his fake girlfriend without my consent?

As if he saw that words were far from my lips he said, "did i say something wrong? "

I glared at him incredulously until I wondered what I was doing here anyways.  I could walk away. It's not like he got anything I need. He was just a stranger.

"Oh. Yes. My name is Dylan. Dylan McCoy"

He held out a hand with a bright smile and I knew I did not want to be anywhere near him.

I looked at his hand and back at him before turning on my heels. I walk a few steps before he grabbed my hand and spun me around. We were already attracting  people's attention and now it was only growing making me  uncomfortable every passing minute.

"Kanti what is wrong with you?"
I asked in a squeaky tone. Not really the way it shouldn't have been.

"You have to help me" he whispers as he slowly pulled me in. I could see people becoming more and more curious and interested.
I was just this close to having a panic attack.
Thankfully Dylan pulled me out of the crowd and when were safely away said, "what's wrong? Are you okay?" I thought I saw a hint of concern in his eyes, but I know my mind was playing tricks on me because he couldn't. He just couldn't.

I was sweating but other than that, I was okay, Though my breathing was also a little coarse.

"Can you get me some water please."

Dylan bobbed his head up and down  and ran off.

I smiled as an air of relief brushed over me. I could taste it. Feel it.
I never knew I could be this brilliant sometimes.

I was thirsty, yes, but getting away from this guy was at the top of the list of the things I must do.

Why he ran off like and obedient dog at my request for water? I guess I'll never know.

I got up and started running to my room. And when finally i arrived, felt so happy and relieved. I manage to fool a guy. On my first day of varsity.

  as long as escaping still exists. I'll be fine.

I laughed out loud as the words I'd told my mother echoed it my mind.

No-one is going to ruin this year for me.