Drinks

A week and a half passed and I was enjoying varsity life. It was going just as i planned and since I had no roommate I did not have to put up with anyone. I was, with no doubt, the happiest fresher ever. The first weekend I'd stayed in my room reading books, downloading and watching different series, Eating, playing games, sleeping, taking walks, and exercising. What could get better than that?
I did a little studying too but there wasn't really much work to do yet.

It was Saturday and I and my group members, more like my group members amongst themselves, agreed to go to a town and find a restaurant to discuss our plan to handle our five assignments and ace them. They said it would be nice because they'd get to know the city together since they were all new. It was going to be a tour, except the no one knew the places around, than it was going to be an assignment discussion.

we felt attached to each other because we coincidentally found ourselves in the same groups for five different modules! That meant that we were doing that same degree and ...."also maybe we were meant to be friends" a skinny blonde girl said.
I really did not know about being friends. I was already enjoying varsity life as is, but of course i did not say, neither did I let it show. I just smiled and nodded in agreement like everyone else did.

we were eight in total, four boys and four girls, three black and five white. and that contributed to us getting the sit on the far end of the restaurant near the window because it was the only place in the small restaurant were we could all fit.

"excuse me, can you brings us all something to drink please" Kevin said to the cute waitress. we had just decided, after half and hour of debating, a restaurant which non of us liked since according to Candice, we were never going to agree to anything.

we were all hungry and tired, true, but that was just more reason for people to want to have their usual favourite meal the knew would fill them up and satisfy them.

"I'll have orange juice"

"I'll a have a coke"

we continued ordering our drinks as the waitress jotted them down on a notepad, one order from a guy I, apparently everyone, thought was the quietest of us all shocked us and had us all looking, wide-eyed at him.

"I'll need a little bit of you"

he licked his lips in a flirtatious way and that did it, when everyone else laughed their butts out all the movement I could manage was to drop my jaw to the ground. I was dumbfounded. I few minutes ago I could swear the poor guy could not wait until he got back to the comforts of his room, like me, but the person I was looking at right now was different. more cunning.

"Derek...you...want...what?" Candice said through all the laughing. she could not even get a coherent sentence out.

"what? she's hot" Derek defended himself and that only made us laugh even more.

the waitress, however, wasn't even offended or embarrassed. it seemed like she was used to this kind of comments from guys so she gave her smile which almost melted even me to the ground and said, "oh honey. I don't think you can afford me" then she left.

"...and I thought you were going to be the quiet one" I said.

"quiet? me?" he laughed "come on guys, I can't show you all my colours in just one day. I'm a lot of things but I'm definitely not quiet "

yeah. possibly the kinds of people I'd like to not associate with.

I pressed my lips into a thin line and got back into my own personal bubble.

the waitress got back with our drinks and just as we were about to take our money out she said, " oh don't worry. all has been paid for"

we started to look at each other as we all wondered who it could be from.

I was about to open my mouth to ask if anyone knows who paid for us but I was cut off when I saw him coming into view, the guy i'd met a week earlier. what is his name again?

"Dylan?" Mandy whispered.

yeah, Dylan. that is his name. he walked up to where we sat looking straight into my eye.

I don't know how I managed to breathe let alone move a muscle. I thought i'd gotten rid of him, but clearly I was wrong.

"hello ladies and gentlemen" he said with the bubbliest attitude I've ever seen. he looked at all of my 'friends' and finally landed on me "...it's a pleasure to see you"