Chapter 3: Well, it beats home...

I yawn and stretch when I sit up in bed. My blankets are all twisted in a knot at the end of the bed. I get up and fix them, and then glance around at the other girls. Everyone is still sleeping, so that means I can go take a shower before they wake up! I clamber down the ladder and onto the ground, the dusty floor making my feet terribly itchy. The bathroom in our cabin has hot water, so I gladly walk in and turn around to close the door.

"Ah!" I half scream, half gasp. Luna is standing in the door frame.

She grins at me and slams the door in my face. I ponder for a few seconds before realizing that she might lock me in. My heart is still pounding as I reach for the knob and turn it. It only moves a little bit. I twist it hard this time, and sigh when I realize that it's locked. Oh well, I guess I'll just take my shower and, hopefully, the others will unlock the door.

*15 minutes later*

"All systems go, sun hasn't died... deep in my bones, straight from inside, I'm wakin' up..." I sing loudly as I rinse the lavender and sage shampoo from my dripping tresses.

"Kate?" A voice yells  from the main part of the cabin. I almost forgot about Luna... but the girl yelling isn't her.

"Huh? Oh, just a second!" I reply as I turn off the taps. I wrap a towel around myself and tell her that I'm decent. One of the girls whose name I can't remember unlocks the door, and I thank her quietly. I haven't forgotten the fact that all I'm wearing is a towel. By the time I change quickly into my light wash jean shorts, a peach tank top and some green flip flops, all the girls are yawning and stretching in their bunks. They shower one by one, get dressed, and then we all have a few giggles over hair, make-up, and boys.

"Have you seen Tristan? Oh my, that is one fiiiiiine man..."  Kaylee sighs and Chanella shakes her head.

"Hell, have you met Gabe? That's one boy I would so want a piece of..." She licks her lips and we laugh.

"Oh really? Y'all know Eric, right? And Kate totally has a thing for him!" Alani hushes dramatically. I roll my eyes and dismiss her with a hand wave. How did they know???

"Just please. Eric is some eye-candy, but I'm not one for players." I snap at them and they exchange looks before bursting into a fit of giggles. Is it so obvious? I wonder in my head as their chuckling fades into a few little snorts of laughter.

HEY so short chapter but I promise I will update sooner! If you have suggestions for the next chapter, message me and VOTE!