Chapter 6: Curiosity Killed the Cat

A\N hallo. ✴♥✴

I walk lightly across the field behind a cabin, enjoying the fresh, flowery summer breeze. All the girls were off playing hand clapping games or making bracelets, and the boys were kicking around some sort of sport-related ball and whatnot.

"Maybe if you shut your damn mouth for like 5 seconds you would have listened!" A shrill voice stage-whispers loudly from not far away. I recognise the voice as Kira. A deep, stressed male voice replies.

"Kira, really, I'm sorry... but if you give me another chance, I promise... I know, but..." Were the little bits I got from Mystery Man, who was obviously standing a few yards away on the other side of this particular cabin. In the last few words, I hear lips on lips as he's cut off abruptly. Feeling intrusive, I back away, towards my cabin. Before I can get far enough, Kira and Eric walk out from behind the cabin, hand in hand. Eric leans down to kiss her, and something sets me off. Just in that moment, as he leaned to kiss her in a perfect Tumblr scenario, I felt a little stab in my chest, an imaginary sense of hope being crushed with a cleaver. A tiny whimper escapes my lips, transforming into a quiet sob. As the first tear leaks down my cheek, I turn and full-on sprint to my cabin, a mess of auburn hair and smudged mascara.

Being me, of course, I trip oh-so gracefully and land hard on my elbow. I moan, my throat feeling raw from holding back tears.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" A deep, sexy voice asks from above me. I moan and make an effort to give the boy a pained head-shake. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but I can't move my arm a bit.

"Here..." He helps me roll onto my back, and my breath catches in my throat as I take him in. A perfect face and body, not lacking cuteness. His large, concerned green eyes glimmer expectantly at me. I slowly prop myself up with my good arm, and smile tentatively at him. He grins.

"I'm Jaden." He runs a hand through his perfectly quiffed light brown hair, and it seems like he's trying to make me die in the glorious rays of his hotness.

"Kate." I shuffle my feet on the gravely walk, and a look of confusion crosses his amazing features. Realising what he looking at, I quickly brush away the remaining tears and can only hope that I don't look too bad with my mascara streaks and now dusty clothes. His response paralysed me.

"I know. It's not like you're YouTube famous or anything..." He winks and I melt under his gaze. Registering the fact that there were people here who watched my videos, I blushed and looked at the ground.