Sixteen

(Important Author's note at the end! Please read!)

I kept looking at my watch and realized how close it was for Mark's other shift.

Honestly, I don't understand how he does this job. I kept running around taking care of every woman that come in. Furthermore, I have to receive the constant flirting, which I cannot stand.

I wasn't planning on staying for too long anyway; I was only here to figure out how to get Mark out of this job.

I noticed Mark across the bar, talking with one of the other co-workers. Then looked at the time one last time, seeing there were only ten more minutes until his next shift.

It was time to put my plan into play. I can only hope that part of the old Mark is still inside of him somewhere.

I grabbed the drinks I had to serve and placed them on the tray. I headed over to the table slowly. However, abruptly one of the other workers came rushing towards my path, and bumping the drinks out of my hands. Everyone went dead silent as the glasses landed on the ground, making a loud noise.

Just as planned, Ava walked over the pieces of broken glass, sighing deeply. "Jack, I don't think this is going to work out."

I was a bit taken back by her words; I didn't expect for her to say that of all things.

I shook my head. "No, I can clean this up right away."

However as I rushed towards to find the broom to clean it up, I tripped over one of the chairs, falling to the ground. I made sure it looked as though I twisted my ankle in the process.

That actually hurt more than expected, I thought.

I suddenly heard his voice say, "Jack, are you okay?"

Mark was crouched down, holding my chin, making me look up at him. I tried to stand up but acted as if I couldn't stand on my own.

"It really hurts," I faked.

Mark looked at Ava, "I'm taking him home."

"But what about your next shift?" she curiously asked.

He stood up. "Forget about it tonight."

The whole bar whined loudly and begged for him to stay.

Yet, he didn't take his eyes off of me.

"Can you stand up really quick?" he asked.

I nodded, doing my best to pretend as if everything hurt.

"Alright," he crouched back down and said, "get on my back."

My eyes widened, now I really didn't expect for him to do this.

"A-Are y-you sure?" I asked.

He sighed. "Just get on."

I nodded, as I moved over to him, then he helped me up.

This is how things started back then...

Everyone watched as Mark carried me out of the bar, not saying another word.

Just as before, I laid my chin down on the top of his head, which made him chuckle. This is how I remembered us. The way he was so protective of me. It was the reason I fell in love with him. However now, it hurt that he didn't realize how much I still loved him, and it hurt that he wasn't trying to figure it all out again.

A tear streamed down my face, and I realized my thoughts were making me cry. I wiped away the tear, as I sniffed, trying to hold my feelings in.

"Does it hurt more now than it did before?" he questioned.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Your ankle."

"It kind of does..."

He nodded. "We'll take my car for right now. Then if you want, I can take the bus tomorrow morning and get your car. Is that okay?"

"That's fine."

"I'm going to put you down now," he said as he lowered me down, leaning me against the car.

He opened the car door and helped me in.

For the first time since I've been back, he held my hand. I stood frozen and looked at him. He forced a smile. "Don't worry I got you."

I got into the car, and he let go of my hand.

"I'll be right back. I need to do something."

He closed the car door, then went back inside the building.

I sighed loudly.

I don't know how much longer I can live like this...

----

Important Author's Note:

First, my account has changed dramatically. It is now a combination of Septiplier and BTS (KPOP) account. Idk how many of you actually like Kpop, but that's what it is now. PLZ NO HATE, I understand some of you might not like it.

So I'm going to drag to update this story. Why? Well, I recently pushed a BTS fanfic, and I am working hard on it. If you guys want to check it out, it's called Hold Me Tight // BTS fanfic. OFC YOU DON'T HAVE TO CX (But if you can, maybe you guys can recommend it to any BTS (kpop) fans...ONLY IF YOU WANT. I'M NOT FORCING YOU GUYS...I just worked hard on it...)

Okay, Ima shut up about k pop now. Sounds like I'm desperate.

And, I have a Septiplier story in the making. It's going to be called Gay and Popular. I haven't published yet, but it will soon. If you guys want, I will let you know when!

And the final big news is: this story is going to be ending soon with another big twist. I still have maybe a bit more chapters to go. Just letting you know (:

Well, that's all. See you soon!

Thanks to anyone who read all of this <3