ocho

July 3, 2007

"Nando, for goodness' sake, tell me where we're going," panted Catalina, struggling to pull her suitcase behind her as she ran with Fernando hand in hand in the pathways of the Madrid airport.

"You'll see," he picked up the pace, not out of breath whatsoever.

Pulling up in front of one huge airplane that seemed to house them for the next few hours, Catalina huffed exhaustedly as she tried to board the plane with her small bag, which was surprisingly full. After all, he had told her to pack everything and go, so even the smallest of suitcases was stuffed.

Finally seated beside the window, they both settled down. Catalina adjusted her baby blue blouse and smiled fondly at her best friend of 18 years, for they were now 23 year-olds.

"The past year has done you well, Nando," she breathed sweetly.

"Hm?" he turned from the in-flight safety instructions to face her with his big brown eyes, "What do you mean by that, mi corazón?"

She blushed at the name she usually brushed off, and mentally scolded herself for doing so.

"Your hair looks wonderful," she smiled softly, reaching out to touch his longer-than-ever golden locks. The yellow dye suited him, and the brown roots only made it look more appealing.

He bashfully looked downwards, flattered by her words.

She went on, "And the Madrid sun gave you a nice tan recently," which was true, seeing as his skin had taken a brownish shade, which made him look more of a Spaniard than just any European.

Eyes twinkling, Fernando gently pressed a kiss to her rosy cheek, "I am lucky to be your best friend."

Having been distracted from asking about their destination, Catalina opened up her mouth to speak as she strapped her seatbelt, only to find the flight attendant speaking.

"We will be landing in the Liverpool John Lennon Airport in three and a half hours."

Long chestnut hair whipping around as she stared at Nando, she gaped at him, "We're going to Liverpool? In England?"

He nodded, a sweet and heavenly grin breaking through, "I'm taking my medical tests tomorrow at Liverpool FC, and hopefully I'll pass with no issues."

"Nando, please elaborate more on this subject," she prevented herself from fangirling, knowing that it would be an ugly sight that, if spread by paparazzi, would gain her a lot of teasing from her parents and siblings.

He spread out his long arms, the grin on his face almost splitting his face, "Surprise, we're moving to Liverpool, hermosa."

🌸🌸🌸