Enter the Love Triangle

(Two weeks later)

"I can't do this anymore," Tina groaned, finally letting her head rest to the desk.

She sat at her office in MACUSA, filling out never-ending paperwork. She had been at it for hours, bored out of her mind, and whole-heartedly missing her risky jobs. Ever since she had accidentally gotten drunk and forgotten the information, MACUSA wouldn't let her back into her risky assignments until she remembered the information, or got it again.

She heard a knock at the door. She lifted her head from her desk. "Come in," she called.

To her surprise, Newt walked in the door, with an unsure countenance, carrying a bag that smelled very good, and coffee. She could kiss him.

"Newt, what's all this?" Tina said, delightfully happy that there was actually going to be an upside to this day. He smiled and walked over.

"Well, Queenie said that you'd probably be bored out of your mind," he said, joking. "And I have nothing to do today while you're gone," he admitted.

She noticed the 'while I'm gone'. "Well, I have my lunch break in a couple of minutes. I can take off early."

She got up, and then frowned at the coffee, noticing only one. "Only one coffee?"

Newt looked down, realizing. "Oh, what, you preferred shots?" he teased. She swatted his arm. "You're never going to let me forget that, are you?"

Newt laughed. "Well, it's the only mistake I've seen you make, while I've made hundreds. I have to use this as often as I can," he said.

She shook her head, but a small smile escaped her lips. She grabbed her keys to her office, brushing dust off her skirt. She then snatched the bag of food from his hand.

"Hey!" he protested. "Tina, what are you doing?"

"You're getting coffee," she said determinedly. "Come on, I know a place- and it's in MACUSA."

"I prefer tea, actually," Newt started to say, but Tina interrupted. "Newt, I know you've never had coffee if that's your line of thinking. We're going," she said, grabbing his hand and he reluctantly followed her. She handed him the keys and locked up her office as they headed out the door.

***
Newt happily let himself get dragged along to the coffee shop at MACUSA. He read the sign on the door, The Coffee Express. Tina opened the door, and he inhaled as a very strong smell entered his senses. The shop was fairly small, with delicate white tables scattered around and fountains in between.

They made their way up the marble steps. Tina tripped, and Newt immediately caught her with his hands on her back and neck, and then both quickly looked away as they disentangled themselves. However, they did continue to hold hands, so Tina seemed to look content, until Newt spoke.

"Wow, you're just as clumsy as you are when you're drunk," he joked.

"Hey!" she protested, nudging his shoulder. "I can have you arrested, you know."

"Hmm, I recall you trying that before," he said, looking at the ceiling, as if trying to remember something. "Didn't seem to work very well."

"Newt, stop!" she said, laughing. "Everyone's going to be staring at us if we walk in and I'm
dying of laughter."

"Right, of course," Newt said straightening. They attempted to have straight faces as they walked in the shop, but both had small smiles on their faces as they waited in line to get in.