New Beginning

It was the middle of  July when she finally found an apartment in Manhattan. She had been in a hotel somewhere right outside of Manhattan for about 2 months trying to find a place to stay. So she found a nice little apartment, cheap as she could find.
(pic above)
The area was nice, when she finally moved herself in her new little abode she went out wandering.

Clarkes POV:
"Ok cool." I said as I walked out of my front door. There was a breeze, it was the beginning of summer so it wasn't too hot yet, it was just perfect. I walked a few yards away from my apartment and I found a whole strip of little stores. There was a froyo shop, a hair salon, a massage place, and even a dollar store. Since i'm low on money and don't have a job yet i'll be going to the dollar store often. Speaking of job, I need to find one. There's a lot of schools around here, maybe I can get another teaching job? Let me go get in my car and see if there's any schools nearby. I drove about 7 blocks away and there was a school called P.S. 19. Ok, so there is a school nearby, hopefully they'll have an open spot. But maybe I should check on the internet for any other job i'll be able to get. I drove back home and opened my laptop. I searched "Jobs in Manhattan", I knew it was a little vague, but any job will have to do until I can find a good one. I scroll until one catches my eye, "Cashier needed for Dollar Store on 7th Street in Manhattan". Oh wow, I guess the dollar store down the street has a job opening. I walk to the little store and ask for a job application. I fill it out and then walk back home.

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up hangry with the sun shining on my face. Its about 8 am and my phone starts ringing, I wonder who the hell is calling me at 8 in the morning. I answer it.
"Hello? Is this Clarke Griffin?"
"I don't want whatever the hell you're selling so just shut the fuck up and don't call me again."
I was half asleep and hangry, I knew my attitude was bad but i didn't care. I tapped the "end call" button on my phone and put it down. Or, at least i thought i did.
"This is Greg from the Dollar Store on 7th. I was calling about your job application. "
"Oh, Im so so sorry, I thought you were someone else. And I also thought I hung up the phone, hehe. The application?"
I slap myself on the forehead, with my attitude I might've just lost the job offer, ugh i'm so stupid why did I have to wake up so angry. I need this job.
"Yes. The application. It was good, one of the best. You got the job. Just make sure you don't show up here with the same attitude you have for the telemarketers." and he hung up.
Ugghhhh im so stupid! I almost just lost this job! God knows how badly I needed this too. Phew, thank god I still got it. Ill show up there in about 2 hours to see if I can start right away.
TWO HOURS LATER
Alright, time to go. I lock my front door and walk for about a minute to my new job. On my short walk I see a blind woman walking with a man holding her arm. Wow, the man looks almost exactly like Bellamy. It's uncanny, my heart starts beating really fast and I cant think. Maybe it is Bellamy. No way, he couldn't have followed me here. I didn't even tell him where i was moving to.
"BELLAMY!" i shout his name.
"BELLAMY, HOW DID YOU FIND ME?"
They stop dead in their tracks. And the man just stares at me confused. Then they started walking again, a little faster this time, trying to get away from me is my guess. I guess it wasn't Bellamy, oh man i must've sounded so crazy to those people. Im so stupid, there's no way Bellamy could've known im here. This has been such a crazy day, and its barely 10:30 am. I get to the job, Greg shows me the basics and my first customer walks in. I ring her up and she leaves, this job is easy enough, the pay is ok, it should hold me over until i can find a really good one. When i finally get back home after working from 11 am to 6 pm, i get back on my computer and look for new jobs. There seems to be a new one from yesterday in bold it read,"CARETAKER FOR BLIND WOMAN".
I read the description,"Woman is 23 years old, she is very well on her own she just needs someone to keep her fed, go on walks with her, and make things easier for her. Full Time job. Her name is Lexa, call (631) 827-9183 for a job application call."
Wow, sounds like a pet. But it also sounds like an easy job. Might as well call. I dial the phone number and it rings. No one picks up, i guess i'll have to try again tomorrow. Ive been at my computer for about an hour, and i'm hungry again. Im going to go get something to eat then fall asleep. I walk out of my apartment and i see that man again. The one that looks like Bellamy. He was walking into an apartment a couple doors down. I stare at him as he walks in, in disbelief of his resemblance to Bellamy. I start tearing up. Then he looks my way and i slip back into my apartment. Im suddenly not hungry anymore. All this time i've realized i hadn't really cried over Bellamy since the breakup. I guess now is the time, i'll be crying myself to sleep tonight.

Hey guys thanks for reading my first actual chapter! I hope you liked it! Please like and vote! My name is Chloe and you can let me know how you liked my chapter by commenting! Love you X