First Born

It was the Fourth of July that me and my sister were born. I was born first. Then my sister.  My sisters name was Fawn. I wasn't considered as the best 'child around' or the 'child of their dreams' but they still loved me. My sister on the other had was 'Little Miss Perfect'.

It was a couple of minutes before the fireworks went off. I was born a few minutes before the fireworks went off. My dad was holding me in his arms right next to the window. My sister still wasn't born yet when they went off, she was born pretty close to when they were done. I was as if they sent them off just for me.

It was about a year, by now I have already learned how to crawl and just barely walk. Every once in a while I would have to grab onto something and catch my balance.

My mom was mad because I was leaving my sister behind but I didn't care that much. My dad on the other hand was happy that I was learning so quick.

For our first birthday, my ears pierced with ruby red heart earrings and some make up. My dad got me a bike. I mean I was super young but I was more advanced then anyone else in the world. My mom and dad got me things that I could use when I was older but my mom just got me things that she wanted mainly.

So one gift I hated the most... was books that taught me how to do school like things. My sister was laughing, well... more like giggling at that gift the most. My favorite gift was a secrete gift from my dad.

 The day went on and my aunts and uncles were hugging us, holding us, or kissing us. When it was close to five in the afternoon people started to leave.

My mom was cleaning up everything and my sister was playing with a stuffed animal. She was such a stupid child but 'Miss Perfect'. I was driving in a mini car that my dad had got me and he was teaching me how to use it. Every once in a while I would run over his foot and he would scream like a little girl. It was funny and even my mom was watching us at a couple of times when he screamed.

It was close to eight at night so my mom toke Fawn with her and went to sleep as me and my dad were continuing to clean up. When we were done my dad told me to go and get my jacket and shoes. I did but he had to get them on me. My dad told me to be quiet like I wasn't supposed to be with him right now. But I didn't care because he said it was a birthday gift.

My dad picked me up and we walked out of the house slowly making sure mom didn't hear us. Then he closed the door slowly and put me in the car. Now I know I wasn't supposed to go with him that or she didn't want me with him at night.

We parked close to the lake. I would play near there when ever my dad took us here. Then I heard the first bang. It was the fireworks.

My dad nodded across the lake but I didn't care. My mom was trying to make it so we didn't go to them because of my sister. She couldn't stand the sound of them. Then a firework went off that was red. My favorite color was red and black.

The firework said my name. Not just my first name though, but my last name, too. Then it said 'Happy Birthday, Honey'. I stared up at my dad and he just sat there smiling at me. He must have payed them a lot because you don't usually see that.

It bugged me though that it said my last name. I don't like my last name that much. And I sure as hell don't want people to know me.

When we got home, we entered a room filled with and angry mom. The night we came home they were fighting the hole night, not just for some of it the hole night. Within that week my mom and dad got divorced. Our parents made us chose between them. I chose my dad because he actually knew me for me not for what he wanted me to be. We moved from Des Moines, Iowa to Miami Beach, Florida.