Chapter 11: Mutiny

"Who has control of the ship, Captain?"

    "I don't know, Commander, it's what we're trying to figure out."

    "Do you know where we're going?"

    "No idea, Commander."

    Spock had already taken his spot, leaving Rev standing next to him, unsure of where to go.

    "Chekov, pull up the security videos."

    "Yes Keptin."

    On the screen was a video from a security camera from the Engineering department. A Cadet, who looked crazed, was rushing around, pressing all sorts of buttons.

    "Whose Cadet is that?" Kirk yelled, sitting up straighter in his chair. "Whose Cadet is that?"

    "Scotty's, sir," Rev responded quietly, a bit intimidated by the angry Captain. "He's an Engineering Cadet."

    "How did he gain control of the ship?"

    "It does not seem as though he knows exactly what he is doing, sir," said Spock from behind her. "He does not know how to control warp speed, nor navigate where we are going, as we seem to be flying in rather large circles, sir."

    "Well, how do we get the ship back?"

    "Working on it, Captain."

    Rev, feeling useless standing in the middle of the bridge without doing any work, suddenly had an idea.

    "I will be back, Captain."

    Then, without waiting for a response, she turned and re-entered the lift.

    When the lift stopped on the Engineering level, the door refused to open. Looking around, Rev noticed a grate in the top of the turbolift and jumped to grab it. Even if she hung on the grate, it would not budge. Dropping back onto the floor, Rev looked around once more, and pulled out her phaser. Pressing the intercom, Rev spoke.

    "Rev to Captain Kirk."

    "Kirk here, what's happening?"

    "The Cadet has locked lift doors to the Engineering level."

    "Come back to the bridge, we'll find another way."

    "No sir, I'm going in the back way."

    "The back way? Rev--"

    "Trust me, Captain."

    Rev turned off the intercom and ignored the Captain as he tried to get more information from her.

    "Commander Zhi'Rev, I order you to tell me what you're doing!"

    Sighing, Rev pressed the intercom once more.

    "Captain Kirk, if you must know, I am going to crawl through the air vents to get into the Engineering section of the ship."

    "Air vents--? Why don't we get someone else--"

    "I believe I am one of the only officers small enough to fit, at this very moment, who knows what to do once they get there, sir."

    Rev didn't turn off the intercom, but she did turn her phaser on and burned the grate out of the ceiling. After a few moments of hanging loosely on it's hinges, the grate fell with a loud clank onto the floor of the lift.

    "Commander?"

    "Everything is fine, Captain. I will contact you when I exit the vent."