Chapter 8: Ashamed

Tiara rushed home after school and slung her book bag on her bed. She flopped down on it and whipped out her phone. Daniel had given her his number after lunch and told her to text him whenever she could. The paper that had his number on it was inside the pocket of her binder, and she turned to retrieve it.

With her hands shaking, she nervously typed in Daniel's number and texted, "Hey, it's Tiara."

"Hey Tiara(: , what's up?" He texted back almost immediately.

Tiara smiled and began to feel slightly relaxed. She feared that she wouldn't know exactly what to say to him. But lucky her, Daniel was a bit of a conservationist. "Nm. I just got home. Wbu?"

"I got home a few minutes ago. Had to drop off my boys. Are you free tonight?"

Tiara hesitated before replying. She knew she had to work today, but could she leave and be back in time for work? Nah. She decided it wasn't worth the risk. "I can't. I have to work today."

"Oh okay," Daniel replied after awhile. "Where do you work?"

"Chick-fil-A," Tiara replied. "I get off around 9-ish on weekdays, 12 AM on Fridays, and I work from 12 pm to 3 pm on Saturdays."

"Oh I see. Well maybe next time?"

"Yeah."

"Promise?" Tiara smiled down at this text and waited a dramatic 1.5 seconds before replying with:

"I promise(:"

Tiara and Daniel texted on the phone for about a good 15 more minutes before Daniel called her. They were both laying on their beds, talking to each other in mellow tones. They talked about some quite personal things, but neither of them dare spoke about their families. It never crossed Daniel's mind and Tiara just flat-out wasn't about to go there. They stayed on the phone for three hours until she fell asleep. She was exhausted and Daniel was pretty understanding about it.

"Tiara," Daniel called from over the phone. "Tiaraaaa," he sang. She didn't reply, and he came to the conclusion that she was sleep. So instead of hanging up the phone he decided to open his binder to do some Geometry practice problems until she woke up. While reaching into his pocket to grab a pencil, he felt a small piece of paper scratch his fingertips. He dug it out to see what it was, and tossed it on the dresser when he saw that it was Ashlyn's number. He had no intentions on texting her. Especially since John, Ricky, and Jett made a whole big deal out of it on the way home from school.

What Daniel's friends fail to realize is that he is not interested in Ashlyn. Not only because she's a hoe, but also because he has feelings for someone else. And the words "feelings" just don't register in their vagina driven brains. Of course Daniel likes sex too, but he realizes that that's not all he wants to get out of a relationship.

"Tiara!" Daniel hears from the other side of the phone. He hears a door slam open and a tired Tiara reply, "Whaaaat?" Daniel freezes to listen.

"Do you know what time it is?!" Tiara's brother asks from the doorway.

"No," Tiara moaned pressing her face against her pillow.

"It's SEVEN TWENTY-EIGHT!" Anthony shouted.

"So-" Tiara started, but suddenly stopped when she realized the problem. Her eyes widened. "Oh crap!" She quickly hopped out of her bed and ran to her closet.

"See what happens when you spend all day on that stupid phone?! I hope momma whoops yo butt!" Anthony shouts.

Tiara destroyed her closet until she found her Chick-Fil-A uniform. "Shut up, Ant!" she shouted back throwing a pair of jeans at his face. "And get out."