Chapter~1

My eyes slowly began to open as I felt the sun beaming on my skin. I stretched my back a little until I felt someone squeezing my waist. I turned around to see my boyfriend, Rogue Cheney, with his arms wrapped around me. I shifted so that I was facing him. He still had his eyes close, but I knew how to get him up. With a little kiss on the lips, I saw him began to smirk.

"Come on Rogue, we need to get up," I stated as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He just groaned and stayed where he was. I sighed in defeat as I kissed him again. This time a little longer. His crimson eyes finally began to open and they locked with mine. Rogue smiled then pulled me into another kiss, this time a lot more passionate. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"Good morning my love," he said tiredly.

"Come on Roguey we need to get to the guild hall," He smiled more. He always loved when I called him nicknames that he wouldn't let anyone else call him. With a sigh of defeat he got up and pulled me with him. I stood up and was unexpectedly pulled into a warm embarrass. Rogue rested his head in the crook of my neck and I could feel him smelling me. Classic dragon move between mates, although we weren't technically mates. I love him and I know he loves me, but I don't have his dragon mate mark and he's never brought it up. I chose to ignore it though. As long as we loved each other it didn't matter, right? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It took a while, but we were finally on our way to the Sabertooth guild hall. We walked hand in hand with Frosch flying in front of us. Rogue was in his normal clothes, while I wore mine too. A red dress that ended at the knees. It had black lace around it and black straps over my shoulders. I also had black leggings and brown boots.

We finally reached the guild hall and instantly as we walked in we were greeted by our idiotic excuse of a guild master, Sting and his exceed Lector. I didn't have an exceed, which sometimes made me feel upset, but I had Frosch. Frosch and I were as close as him and Rogue, okay maybe that's a little exaggerated, but he was still important to me and I know Rogue gets all gushy over seeing Frosch and I together. He says that he just loves to see us getting along, but who wouldn't love Frosch? He's so adorable!

"Good morning, and how is the lovely couple doing today?" Sting said curiously. I swear he invests too much time in our relationship.

"Just perfect," Rogue said as he slipped his arm around me and kissed my head. I blushed furiously after that.

We walked farther into he guild hall and I saw my best friend Yukino. I went to talk to her as Rogue went to look at the request board.

"Good morning Yukino!" I said as I ran up to her. She was sitting in one of the couches scattered around the guild.

"Good morning Y/N," She replied as I sat next to her. "So what do you think you're going to do today?"

"I'm not sure, Rogue's going to pick something and I know as long as I have him, I can do anything!" I said as I thought of our successful missions.

"Y/N you're just as powerful too! Don't forget you're a dragon slayer!" Yukino was right. I've been on solo missions before and did well, I'm a blood dragon slayer and I know by the sound of it, it sounds kind of disgusting, but in actuality my powers quite strong. I can manipulate my blood to make weapons, not to mention I can use spells that control others blood too.  I leaned it from my dragon, Akarisa. But just like all the other dragon slayers, I eat my element, but that's a story for another time.

"Looks like Rogue picked something Y/N, might as well see what it is," Yukino said. Her words brought me out of my thoughts. I looked over to Rogue and saw that he had picked the job. I stood up and said goodbye to my friend as I ran over to Rogue.

"So Rogue what mission are we going on?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Oh Y/N, ummm," He sounded nervous as he scratched the back of his neck.

"What's wrong Roguey?" I looked up at him with curious eyes.

"I'm going on an S-class mission," He said nervously. I was a little hurt. Of course I wouldn't be able to go with him, I wasn't an S-class wizard, well not yet. I was selected for the S-class test but of course there was a 3 month training period for the chosen wizards so it wouldn't happen for a while.

"How come you're going on an S-class mission?" I asked worriedly.

"S-class just pays a little more and I haven't been on one in a while," He stated. I wanted to go with him, but I knew it'd be better to let him go. Before we started dating, he'd go on S-class missions all the time. I figured that maybe it be best to give him his space, I was always afraid of being to clingy.

Apparently, Rogue noticed my disappointment and pulled me into a hug. I rested my head against his shoulder and he gently stroked my hair. 

"I promise I'll be back soon, besides you have Frosch, Yukino, and Sting here."

"Wait," I stopped and pulled back. "You're going alone? Isn't that a little dangerous?"

"Don't worry Y/N, I'll be fine," He said, his red eyes staring into my E/C ones, reassuring me.

I nodded and sent him off with a kiss, "And I'll be here waiting for you when you get back."

Rogue smiled and left. I was really worried though, why did he all of sudden want to go on an S-class mission? We had plenty of jewels and rent was pretty good for the place we had. But above all that, why did he want to go alone?

I spent the rest of the day at the guild hall with Frosch and Yukino. We decided to relax in the pool until the guild hall was closing for the night. It was already dark out when Frosch and I started our walk home. I was still worried about Rogue. I knew S-class mission could take a few days, but part of me was hoping he'd be back by now. That night I slept restlessly, still consumed with fear.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frosch and I went to the guild hall the next morning, still without Rogue. When we got there we decided to take a small mission in the next town over. It was a request to knock over some buildings for reconstruction, so it'd be easy.

We finished the mission in no time and headed back home. When we walked in Rogue still wasn't there.

"Y/N, when will Rogue be back?" Frosch asked from the gentle hold of my arms. 

I sighed, "I don't know Frosch, hopefully soon."

"Fro thinks so too!" He said with a smile. I smiled too as Frosch always made me smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already night time and the starts were so bright. Frosch laid on the couch next to me sleeping and I was reading a book I got as a side reward from the job we took earlier.

I was about to go to sleep right then and there, when I heard the door open. I looked over and saw Rogue come in. I jumped up excitedly and was about to run into his arms, but then I saw it. He was covered in bandages and had scratches and scars all over his skin.

"Rogue what happened?!" I asked worriedly as I ran up to him.  He just sighed.

"I'm fine Y/N, it was just a little tougher than I thought."

I gently put my hand on his shoulder, careful not to hurt him. He grabbed it and held it there for a bit until taking it off and holding mine in his. He rubbed his thumb against my skin.

"How are you and Frosch?" He asked.

"We're fine, but what about you? Do you need anything Rogue?"

"No, I just need some sleep."

"Okay, I'll join you in a minuet," I kissed his cheek and he went to our shared bedroom. I sighed wondering why he would put himself through this. I went to the couch and pulled a blanket over Frosch as he slept. I walked into the bedroom and saw Rogue already passed out.

Hopefully this is the last time this happens...... 

Little did I know...I was wrong.