Chapter~2

I woke up the next morning feeling strange. Something was different. I turned around and Rogue wasn't next to me. All my senses came to as I sat up in worry. Luckily, Rogue was right there pulling his shirt over his head. I relaxed, but I was still wondering why he was up.

Rogue looked over at me after he had his grey shirt on. "Good morning darling," he said with a smile.

"Rogue how come you're up so early?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"I'm going on another S-class mission," he said it so bluntly. Like I wasn't going to be upset.

"But Rogue you can't, what if you get hurt again? I don't want to see you like that again!" I said in a panic. Rogue calmed me down as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Y/N, I'm not going alone," he said as his crimson eyes stared into mine.

"Oh that's a relief," I said as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "I'm glad Sting's going with you."

"Ummmm, not exactly."

"Rufus? Orga?" I asked curiously.

"No..."

"Then who? Those are the only S-class wizards in Sabertooth." I was staring to get worried all over again.

"I'm going on this mission...with Minerva."

I don't know how to describe how I felt. Angry, jealous, sad,hurt,betrayed,worried,sick,confused, I couldn't describe it, but apparently Rogue could tell how I felt. He wrapped me into his arms and held me close.

"Relax Y/N, I love you and you know that. Sting's busy with master duties, and Rufus and Orga don't necessarily like to spilt up. (I really ship them...sorry carry on) Minerva offered to help and I'll be able to finish these missions a lot faster," he pulled away and placed his forehead against mine. "Which means I can come home to you and Frosch even faster," Rogue then placed his soft lips against mine gently. "I promise."

I kissed him back and relaxed. We pulled away smiling at each other. He kissed my head once before he left for his mission.

After he left, I looked over at Frosch who was still asleep in his own little bed. I smiled and decided today would be nice to take the day off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

   I was eating  lunch with Frosch at a restaurant not to far away. We sat at a table outside, the air was cool and the sun was bright. It felt like a good day. I grinned as I watched Frosch enjoying his(her if you want) food. Before, Frosch would never eat without Rogue, but if he was taken to this place, he'd gladly agree. Frosch loved this restaurant because it served the best cookies, not to mention all the workers there loved him. I ate (f/f) as Frosch just kept munching down on the cookies. 

   After we paid and left, we headed back to our house. As I opened the door, Frosch and I were shocked to see Rogue back. Perfectly fine. No scratches or anything.

"Rogue!" Frosch yelled as he flew over to him. Rogue wrapped him into a hug and smiled. I closed the door behind me and an up to him.

"Wow you were right, that as fast!" I said happily. I was so glad that he was back. I saw his bags behind him and decided to help. "Hey Rogue, want me to help you unpack?"

"Oh, well..ummm," I began to feel that same crushing feeling in my heart. I've learned that those words never mean good things. I anxiously waited for him to continue. "I'm leaving for another mission."

I guess Frosch and I both felt the same feeling because at the exact moment we both stopped and asked. "What?"

Rogue didn't say anything so I decided to push a little. "Rogue why are you leaving again? You just came back? How come you all of a sudden want to go on these S-class missions?"

"There's no reason, I just have't been on one in awhile. I'm an S-class wizard after all," He was right. I didn't want to hold him back. He's a lot more powerful then I am and I should let him, I'll get my chance at S-class soon enough, but there's no reason to keep Rogue from doing what he can.

I sighed in defeat. "Okay just..please.. hurry back. I don't want to be without you Roguey."

He lightly kissed my cheek. "I promise," I start to lose faith in those words. He hugged Frosch and left again. I didn't like how things were going, but I endured it....maybe for too long.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

   For the next two days, it's been the same routine. Rogue kept going on missions with Minerva and me and Frosch were left alone without him. The pain started to become unbearable. Going on missions, being at the guild, just living hurt while Rogue acted like this. Not only that, but he became distant. Sometimes he'd come home at night and leave again in the morning, or he'd go on another job after he came home and didn't come back until the next morning. Rogue and I talked less, and we didn't share as much romantic moments. Even his sweet kisses became scarce. I couldn't take it. I wanted my Roguey back and I knew Frosch felt the same.

It was around afternoon when Rogue was getting ready to leave for another S-class mission with Minerva. I was on the couch reading and Rogue was placing some last minuet things in his bag. He was about to leave before I stood up. I had to do this. I couldn't live like this. Frosch even started to become upset. I had to tell him. I wasn't going to go on like this anymore.

"Rogue," he turned around and looked at me with an annoyed face.

"What?" I was a little scared. Rogue's become a little different. I could tell that he was upset and sometimes it was like my presence bothered him, but I had to keep on.

"Why do you keep going on these missions?"

"I already told you Y/N, do I need to spell it out?" He said angrily as he rose his voice. I didn't know what to do. Rogue never snapped at me.

"N-no it's just that I miss you, and I'm worried." I was able to stutter out.

"Y/N I don't understand what you want, I told you I'm fine. I'm an S-class wizard and so is Minerva, we can handle ourselves." There it was. I snapped inside after he brought her up.

"But what about me and Frosch? We wait forever for you to come home! Sure we go on missions when you're gone, but it's fun with you. I just don't get it! Did I do something? I thought you liked going on missions with me?!"

He scowled and his eyes were full of anger. "Would you just shut up Y/N! I don't need to be told what to do by a weak first generation dragon slayer!"  That was the end of it. I couldn't believe he said that. Sure I was a first generation dragon slayer, I never believed in gaining power artificially. I felt it was stupid and for lazy wanna be wizards, but Rogue and I accepted that. We never brought it up.

Rogue turned around to leave and I winced as he slammed the door behind him. Right then I let the tears fall. I fell to my knees and started sobbing. I felt a pair of two small arms hug my waist. I looked to my side and saw Frosch. His eyes were blurry with tears too. I grabbed him and wrapped him up into a big hug. I cried and cried as Frosch only let out silent tears. I didn't want this. I never would've imagined Rogue would become like this. He always said he'd never fall to the darkness, but now...I wasn't so sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rogue's P.O.V

I came home after a stressful mission. These jobs were starting to get to me. I walked into Y/N and I's shared bedroom and saw her fast asleep. I sighed to myself and laid beside her. I was about to fall asleep until I heard her faintly crying. I looked at her, though she seemed to be sleeping. Was she crying in her sleep? I knew this had to be my fault. I laid back down and wrapped my arm around her as I drifted off to sleep.