5: Heather's plan

Heather's POV:

My plan! It was perfect...well I hope so! It was a Monday morning on the edge. I was in my hut sharpening my axe, when Hiccup bursts in.
"Hiccup what's wrong?" I asked. He came and sat in my bed. I'd never seen Hiccup like this.

He doesn't sleep much, and he's just been to depressed.
"Astrid remembered something..." he began.
"Okay what's the problem? That's good!" I asked very confused.

"She remembered me, but one problem... SHE THINKS IM SNOTLOUT! She thinks that I chase her, she thinks that we're barely friends, she thinks that everything Snotlout has done is me! And she thinks Snotlout is me and I'm Snotlout!" Hiccup said leaning over.

"Hiccup it'll all blow over soon." I said to him trying to cheer him up.
"Can you PLEASE use your plan?!" Hiccup begged me. Aw...he was so cute when he's desperate.
"Okay...only cause your my friend. And I want Astrid back."

Hiccup hugged me!
"Thank you!" Hiccup then ran out. I just laughed.

I went to Astrid.
"Hey Astrid." I said to her. She was sitting at the table in her hut.
"Hey Heather. What can I do for you?" Astrid asked.
"I was just wondering...what do you remember about us?" I asked.

"I remember mostly about Snotlout. Not only is he my boyfriend, but he's always been my best friend! When he saved me from the scourge of Odin! When we kissed after he defeated the red death. I remember when you came into town and i was worried that you were going to take Snotlout away from me. I remember almost everything." Astrid said.

Now I get where Hiccup is coming from. This was hard.
"Astrid, what if I told you that you love Hiccup?" I said sitting beside her on the bench.
"That's crazy! All he does is chase me and does dumb things!" Astrid said to me.

"Astrid...read this page." I told her. I handed Astrid Hiccups journal. It had a few pages that I had bookmarked. This was the page after hiccup woke up after the red death attack.
"I remember this! Why would you show me this. I already know what Snotlout did!" Astrid said to me.

"It wasn't Snotlout who wrote it." I said pointing at the bottom of the page.
"Hiccup? Nice try Heather." Astrid then walked out, mounted Stormfly and flew off.
"So much for plan A..."

I went back to Hiccup. I walked into the stables where he was with Toothless. Hiccup then took his journal back. He looked at me with such hope.
"Hiccup before you ask...no it didn't work. She didn't believe it." I said to him. His eyes dropped.

"I'm sorry..."

Ruffnut and Tuffnut then came in.
"Hey Hiccup. Hey Heather. How'd it go with Astrid?" Tuffnut asked.
"Not well..." I told them.
"She still has me and Snotlout switched." Hiccup said to them.
"It's fine Hiccup. So what that the girl you like likes you but thinks the guy she hated is you and your him." Ruffnut said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Hiccup asked Ruffnut. I felt awful for Hiccup! This was so awful for him. It's WAY worse for him than it is for us. It's hard on me don't get me wrong. Astrid is my best friend. I just want her back!

I hope one of the others have a plan.