Chapter 1

(PRESENT)
Sarah's POV
I woke up with a jolt. Nightmares. They've been quite often. They don't let me sleep. The sound sleep i once had.
Oh come on, everybody loves sleeping, so did I. But now? Sleep seems to be an alien feeling. I checked the time, its 2am. Well, thats a news that i managed to sleep constantly for 2 hours. Other days its just an hour and then that same nightmare.
Seattle is sleeping, and I am wide awake. Things were so perfect then, everything, everyone. HE was there with me...but just one incident and things shattered. Like a broken glass. That can't be fixed.

I stayed awake the rest of the night watching horror movies. Horror movies have been my favorite since childhood. I feel connected, and unlike others, i feel safe.
Time passed quickly, and it was morning soon. The sun shone brighter than ever. The birds singing their melodious song. The trees green. It was spring. The roads were busy, people having a good time. Everything seemed complete and happy, but how far was it true?

I hurriedly reached my office. "Jordan Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd." read the entrance board. I knew i was late, i hurriedly went by the door. Took the stairs and thankfully, entered the office just one minute early.

"You're FIRED!" a male voice shouted. The entire office went eerily quiet. There stood in his office cabin, our boss, Sean. He was dressed in crisp white shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to the elbow and black trousers. His muscular body, clearly visible through his shirt. His hair, perfectly messily tousled. His blue eyes held aggression, but at the same time held a lot many expressions, which made him different from other men. His face was perfectly sculpted. He was so gifted. Perfect. Any woman could easily fall for his charms. I was no exception.

"Oh! You're an exception" he said.
"And how can you say that?" I shouted. He was staring at me. His blue eyes locked with my brown eyes. "Because you never complained and always supported me, no matter what" he quietly said. I melted. All my anger vanished.

This man, he has the sole ability to calm me down in a fraction of seconds. And honestly, i don't feel offended by that. He leaned closer. He smelled of fresh mint, that musk body wash and him. That was enough for me to get lost in him. He kissed me. A brief kiss. That lasted for eternity. "I. Love. You." he said between the kisses.
I giggled. He was such a boy, a boy at heart. I felt safe, comfortable with him. I felt me. I felt...

*BANG*

I was brought back from my trance by his voice again. He was furious with some employee..umm...Leo maybe. I don't know. I quietly went to my block and sat down. I asked Rosie, my acquaintance, about the happenings to which she said that Leo failed to keep our company's NDA in front of the rival company. Oh! Well, none of my business though.

"SARAH, COME IN IMMEDIATELY" shouted our boss. I trembled with fear. When he was angry, no one dared confront him. I, with fear, walked into his cabin. My heart pounding, blood rushing through my veins.

And then, I entered his cabin.

***
Hello People,
How are you liking the first chapter?
Do vote and comment your reviews. Constructive Criticism is always welcome.
Love y'all!!!