Chapter 4

Sean's POV [(Yooooo! ;)]

I picked up the Forbes Magazine from my desk. It had my picture as its cover photo with the title "Number One Industrialist in Town"
It was supposed to be a proud moment for me. Was I happy? Yes, and that was a lie.

People tagged me as a "Successful Entrepreneur". How far was I a successful person? I started this business. I earned fame, respect, ego, everything. But just having a successful professional life isn't enough, right? Emotionally, I am no one. I am just an emotionless monster.

I picked up my coffee mug from the table and went to the window. The view of Seattle from my room just gave me more comfort than anything else. Anyone else, other than her maybe.

Sarah.
She has been working here since the last two months. It isn't long. Still, I feel she is something. I feel, there is some long lost connection of mine with that woman.

I have dealt with many women in my life. But they just made me more and more ruthless. Honestly, I hated women. I hate my wife too. When actually, having a wife, having a family, should make me a softer person. No, that is not my case. Rather, was not my case, until this lady Sarah stepped into my office.

Sarah Evans. She is just so carefree. Not worried about anything. The way she took a leave today, from the office. It should've pissed me off. On the contrary I was amused. My juniors have been warned to take a leave with prior permission. And if they fail to do so, I fire them, because there is no place for irresponsible people in my office. Was Sarah an exception then? For the first time ever, I am confused.

She has never failed to amuse me. She has always challenged the Rules and Regulations in my workplace, which makes me wonder even more about her. Her work records are always complete and that too before time.

She has always challenged me, in ways that makes me feel awkward about myself, sometimes. I feel dumb by the way she portrays her smartness to everyone. In a conference last month, she just saved my company by using her wit, and it made me realise how foolish I was to have missed an important information regarding the excel of our company.

However it is, whatever it is, it made me feel good. It made me feel alive. It made me feel like I have a motive to live. But it is wrong! I am married, and have a child. I should be focusing on my family. But I can't help it, how much I try, I still somehow, am drawn to Sarah.

I don't like her, I don't love her either. She amuses me every time, some way or the other.

But, the jubilant she appears, she hardly is. She is happier from her appearance, but saddest by heart? Maybe. I can see the melancholy of her heart, in her eyes. But what is it? Why is it? I need to find out.

She looks like a mystery that needs to be solved, and with every approaching day, I see her, my determination in finding what she is, strengthens.

That day when I informed her about our London meeting, she lost her composure for a second. Her brown eyes turned a shade darker, with fear. But strong as she pretends to be, she masked it with the most blank expression. Hardly did she know, I noticed her expression.

I don't know if it's legitimate. I don't know if it is right. I don't know if it is accepted. I don't know anything, but for the fact that I want to do this. I want to find out who she is actually. What she is. How she is.

***
How are you all doing? Here is another update. And if you are liking my chapters, please please vote. Your comments and votes really encourage me to write more.
Love you all so much.
xx