Chapter 2

The room was spacious. The walls painted light gray-ish. The furnitures, plush. Sean's desk was placed right at the center of the room. There were couches, placed in an L shape, on the left hand side of the room. Behind the couch, was a large window, touching the floor, which gave the view of the entire city. It was mesmerizing. The right side of Sean's desk was consumed by all the shelves containing age old files and documents. The furniture seemed to be made of timber. Pure timber. There were glass shelves at a distance behind Sean's chair. There were a lot of things missing in those shelves. However, the room was tidy. As usual. Sean's face held some expression, I couldn't decode. Anger, maybe.

He cleared his throat, and brought me back to the present.

He was seated on the chair, with his right leg folded and placed above the left knee. His elbows on the desk, his long fingers resting on his chin. His perfectly messed up hair, rested above his eyebrows, however revealing a scar, a long scar, in the space between his eyebrows and hair.
His blue eyes, they held the same decodable expression. And, despite all these, he still managed to look like a Greek God in his anger. And it surprised me.

"Sit down" he commanded. I complied.
"There is a meeting of our company with a renowned company in London. Just get all the important documents ready." He said. He was surprisingly calm. "Okay" was all I could reply. I got up and walked to the door.
"Sarah!" He called my name. A chill, a sensuous chill ran down my spine. Oh my my! It felt so good to hear my name from him after so long. I turned and nodded. "You're coming with me" he said and left the room, his fragrance lingering in the atmosphere. Our hands brushed, and tingles ran down my skin. I stood in the room speechless, at his audacity.

"Okay, if only you remember, we are here for work. Concentrate. Or else, you'll blame me for the failure of your deal" I grumbled. "Yeah, but you are distracting me." he winked. Ughh! He was cheeky and troublesome sometimes. "No mister CEO, I am not." That wasn't a lie totally. Or maybe it was. I was standing in front of him in my pajamas and an oversized t-shirt, which he claimed, I looked sexy in. Maybe that was his distraction.
"Fine, I am leaving." I turned around to leave. He came forward and held my wrist, "No don't."

I looked out of the window from my block. The day was bright as usual. The office was busy, with all the work assigned. No one interfered in anyone's lives. That was the best part of why I love working for this office. I got back to my work.

I checked the clock, it was 7 pm. It was late, but i was happy that i could complete the assigned work before the deadline. Sean had informed me that the meeting was scheduled two days later. So, no last moment pressure in that matter. I started packing my stuff and put it back into my bag. As I was walking to the exit, i bumped into a hard muscular body. Turned out, it was Sean.

"I'm so so sorry Sir, I didn't mean to..." I started with my flow of apologies but was cut by him.
"It's okay Sarah, I too was not watching my path" he apologized too "And by the way, don't call me sir" he added. I was SHOCKED. Seriously shocked. Sean always hated his employees calling him by his name. He clearly understood my shock from my face. He smiled and simply said, "I can't explain, I just happened to say it"
I giggled. He looked amused and shy and he looked cute. As always. Returning back to reality, I told him that I had already compiled all the important data and also that they're stored in my PC. He acknowledged and I left, with a long lasting smile on my face.

I left the building, and crossed the road to take a cab. Finding a cab in Seattle at peak hour was a challenge. I started wondering at the surroundings. Jordan Infrastructure was the tallest building, of all the buildings present. The building was 40 storeyed, made of glass, with a huge entrance. The office campus was huge. It was just like a mini city, with all important amenities. The mighty building stood right at the center of the huge lawn. The lawns consisted of green grass and trees, which provided refreshment to all the employees, a reason why I love working here. It feels good, and at the same time, not so tiring. The building looks fascinating and charming.

I managed to get a cab without much struggle this time, and headed home.

In the cab, I called her. Rang once, twice, thrice and she answered
"Hello" her voice low
"Hi, Sarah here"
"How's it going?"
"No progress yet"
"Oh" she sounded disappointed.
"But, I feel things will be fine soon"
"Hopefully, I can't see the both of you suffering"
"I can't see him suffering, but I am happy, you're here to support me. I have loads of work to do, Catch you up later. Good Night"
"Yes, take care"
I hung up.

It was 12 am. I had finished all my chores, but sleep didn't seem to greet me yet. I went to the small balcony of my house. And thought...everyone has been nice to me. But fate always seems to be disappointed with me. Which has been hurtful in a way. And I turned out to be the girl I wasn't.

***
Hello people!!!!
Another update!! Yayyyy!!
How is it? Do tell me.
Love all of you❤
If you like, do vote!
Until then.😘