Chapter 3

It was morning soon. As usual, I barely slept. And its no news! I moved to my balcony. Seattle looked beautiful in the morning. The Seattle Waterfront looked amazing. The slushing of water to the rocks could be heard. The blue waters flowing could be seen. The morning sky looked calm. The sun's silhouette against the sky was stupefying. It was picturesque.

Just a little lipstick and Lo! I was ready. I looked at myself in the mirror. Straight, shoulder length blonde hair. Fair color. Small brown eyes, with a little kohl. I had worn a black tank top, and paired it with light blue jeans with a touch up of nude shade lipstick. And black boots. Perfect! It hung up to my curves perfectly, which just added up to my features.

I decided to take a day off today, well, without thinking about the consequences.

I was on my way to meet Rachel. She was someone special. Our relationship was just undescribable.

So here I was. In front of the biggest mansion in Seattle. Rachel's residence.

Rachel belonged to the elite class of people. She being a top model, and her husband being one of the leading industrialists, just added more to get status and fame. However, despite all this, she was so down to earth that I sometimes was dumbfounded by her humbleness.

I rang the doorbell, and as usual Rachel greeted me with a warm smile and embraced me in a bear hug. She let me in, leading me down the hallway.

"Alex! Where are you? Come down fast, someone is here to meet you" she shouted.
The hall was immensely huge. The sofa and couches, made of leather, were placed right at the center of the house. Behind the sofa lied the grand staircase. The right corner of the room had a small passage that ended at the lawn. Opposite to the sofa, at a distance, was the fireplace, and above it, a platform which had the family photo frames. And the passage of chimney, of course, above it.

My trance was broken.

"Auntyyyyy Sarahhhhhh" a child shouted from behind.
"Alex!!!" I exclaimed, running toward him and hugged him tightly. Honestly, he was a ray of light in the darkness of my life. Alex was a lovely child, he was just 5 with light blonde hair, and blue eyes. His smile revealing two front teeth missing just made him look adorable. "How are you Aunty Sarah?" he asked with such innocence that I happened to kiss him on his cheeks. "I am fine Alex, how are you?" I asked him.
"Aunty Sarah, mommy just keeps scolding me" he said. Rachel and I had a laugh, and Alex just grumbled. Which made us laugh harder. I hardly remember the last time I laughed this hard. "Alex, did you check where Bailey is? Go and play with him and be careful" Rachel said to Alex and he ran off to see Bailey, their dog.

"How you doing Sarah?" Rachel asked. I gave a bitter chuckle.
"You know Rachel how I am doing!" I said. She sighed. Even though we were close, building up a conversation was difficult. Half of our meetings would just be an awkward silence. But, she was the person I found solace in.

Time went by quickly and soon I left Rachel's place.

It was night. The London trip was just a few days away, and I was wondering how to survive that trip.

***
Hello lovelies!
How are all of you doing?
Any guesses about how Rachel and Sarah are related?

A/N:
Its just that this is the third chapter and I just want to portray Sarah's life and then proceed with the story, so don't mock at me if at times it becomes boring! :)
I'm sure you'll find it interesting later. Till then, patience people, patience!!!

Next chapter comes with a small surprise..till then keep guessing!!
Love y'all!!