t h r e e

• • • M a r i n e t t e ' s P O V • • •

I don't know how long or far we flew, but I'm sure it was more than an hour. It felt like more than an hour. I was curled into a ball and my body was trembling. I hoped that Chat would be able to follow me using Tikkis connection with me.

Suddenly the hover board stops, lowering a few feet before shutting down completely. I curl tighter into myself and squeeze my eyes shut, preparing for whatever comes next. I still have no clue why he chose to take me.

I feel cold air on my face and realize that the box has disappeared. Then a brightness appears on the outside of my eyelids, and I know the blindfold is gone. I refuse to open my eyes and look at him.

"Marinette." Says a voice. It sounds familiar-Nathan? No way.

"Mari, please open your eyes." He says softly. I shake my head slightly, trying to calm down and stop shaking.

Nathan sighs. "Fine."

Then he picks me up.

I squeak. "P-put me down!" I say, my voice barely getting above a whisper.

"No." he answers darkly. "You're coming with me, Marinette, and you will be mine forever." I hear a note of happiness in his voice. I begin to struggle.

"Stop, unless you want to get hurt."

I freeze. "Good girl." He chuckles. I begin to cry quietly, tears streaming down my face. He sets me down on a concrete floor. I still haven't opened my eyes.

"Shh, Mari. You'll be safe here. I have to complete an errand then we can leave Paris. We'll be together forever." I can tell he's trying to sound soothing, and I can feel him standing and backing a step away. Suddenly something cold clamps around my wrists and I try to pull away. It's anchored to the wall.

I open my eyes and look at my wrist, then survey the room. It's small and concrete with no windows and only a single door. My wrist has a think mental shackle which is attached to a wall by a short chain.

"Sorry, Mari. Just a precaution." Says Nathan. I look at him and take in his akumatized form, shrinking back against the wall. He smiled. "There are those pretty eyes." He says.

He steps forward and bends down, cupping his hand around my cheek. My eyes widen in fear.

He leans forward and kisses me lightly. I stay frozen, trying to mimic a statue. He sighs and pulls away. "You'll kiss me back soon enough." He says. "That was for luck." He added.

He steps out of the room and then the door disappears, leaving me in a dark room with no escape. I reach a hand up and touch my lips, then begin to cry again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• • • A d r i e n ' s P O V • • •

As soon as the so called 'Evillistrator' flies away I run toward the door. I don't notice a small red kwami following me. I run the the bathroom and open my jacket.

"Plagg, come on, it's an emergency!" I say as my kwami meanders out. He rolls his eyes. "Can't you give me a break? I'm tired!" He yawns.

"You've been napping all class, and we have to save Marinette! Plagg, claws out!" I say hurriedly, holding out my ring to absorb the kwami. I become Chat Noir and quickly walk out of the bathroom toward the front doors.

"Chat Noir!" Says a high pitched voice. I look around for the source. "Chat Noir! Here!" Says the voice again. I look over and see a red kwami with black spots. My eyes widen in surprise.

"You... are you Ladybugs kwami??" I say, my heart quickening at the thought of her. "Where is she?" I say, looking around.

"Yes, I'm Tikki. And she's not here, Chat." Says the kwami sadly. "She was taken..."

I look confused. "The Evillistrator took two girls?" I say. The kwami blinks.

"No, just Marinette!" She says.

"Then who took.. Ladybug..." It finally catches on. "Ladybug... Marinette?" I say. I'm unable to get any other words out. I'm shocked. Marinette is the girl I've fallen in love with? I can't believe I finally found her! A smile spreads over my face.

"Chat! Chat Noir!" Says the Kwami, capturing my attention again. "Yes, Ladybug is Marinette. We have to save her!"

The realization crashes over me like a bucket of ice water. The Evillistrator took my lady.

"We have to save her!" I blurt out, conviction in my voice. "But first we have to figure out who the akuma is and why he took her..."

I look to Tikki for help.

"I think it was Nathaniel. I saw the way he kept looking at her while they were walking to school today. I think he has a crush on her." The kwami speaks up.

My gaze darkens. "Seriously? What, was he jealous or something?" I mutter.

"Actually, I think so... and if you're who I think you are, I think this might be your fault!" Says
Tikki. I frown. "How do you know?"

"You're Adrien Agreste, right?" Says the kwami. I look at her, surprised. "I saw you go in there before coming out as Chat." She explains quickly. I just nod.

"Marinette has a huge crush on you. I think Nathaniel might have seen the way she was looking at you and felt jealous and hurt." Says Tikki. I nod again.

"So... any idea where he might take her?"