s i x

• • • M a r i n e t t e ' s P O V • • •

"You sure about that?" Says Nathan, tilting my chin upward and looking deep into my eyes. My knees feel weak, and as I look up at him I know that nothing I say will make a difference. His mind is clouded with this fascination of me, and I know he won't let me go.

I'm just going to have to stay safe until Chat gets here. Please, Chat, hurry up.

The outline of a butterfly appears on Nathan's face and he frowns, the hold on my wrist dropping. I scramble away from him, hitting a corner and sinking down. He doesn't notice, instead conversing with, presumably, Hawkmoth. He nods his head and I hear the words "Thank you" before the mask disappears.

He looks around the room before his eyes catch mine.

"Come on, Mari, I have something to show you." He says. I shake my head, not wanting to get up. I try to mask the fear in my eyes, try to make myself expressionless. I can't tell if it works or not.

"Come on, Marinette. I don't have all day." Nathan's eyes dig into mine as he moves forward and picks me up bridal style. A squeak of protest exits my lips before I have a chance to stop it. He smirks down at me. "Don't worry. You'll love it."

I close my eyes, not moving a muscle. Suddenly he sets me down.

"Open your eyes, Marinette." He says softly, and I hear him take a few steps back.

My eyes open almost involuntarily and I gasp as I look around. The sky is full of stars as though someone spilled a hatful across the sky. There's no moon in sight but the stars are so bright that I don't need one. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking!

"Wow..." I whisper, forgetting about my circumstances. I felt something click in my mind, and my eyes widen as I take in the beautiful view in front of me. I just want to stay here staring at the stars forever...

No. Stop it, Marinette. You have to find a way out of here! I scold myself mentally. I look around, then spot a pair of drawing pads. I look at them confusedly. What are these for...? Suddenly I hear movement behind me, and Nathan steps into view, walking toward the drawing pads.

"I thought we could draw together. I know you like designing things..." He said, holding one of the pads out for me. I take it absentmindedly and he smiled at me.

"What kind of pencils do you usually use. I can make them for you." He says, gesturing to the pad on his arm.

"Um... charcoal..." I sat quietly. He quickly doodles something and a set of the most amazing pencils I've ever seen drops into my lap. "Like those?" I nod, dumbfounded. I've never used such high quality pencils before. They're amazing!

"Thank you!" I say, beaming at him. I immediately open to the first page of my sketchbook then looked up at the stars. These will be my inspiration. I can make a whole line of clothes with these stars. They are so beautiful.

As I begin to draw a dress, I feel him move closer to me until his shoulder pressed lightly against mine. And I found myself leaning into him, slightly. I don't know why, I just did. And for some reason, I didn't feel like moving away. I laid my head on his shoulder and sighed involuntarily.

What is wrong with me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
• • • C h a t N o i r ' s P O V • • •

I land silently on Marinette balcony and lift up the trap door. It's a lot harder to get up here not in chat form but I did it. I'm sure Marinettes parents won't mind me taking a small nap in here. I they're even here. They might be out looking for Marinette.

I will be too, once Tikki gets back.

I sigh and sink into her surprisingly comfortable bed- maybe even more comfortable than my bed at home. I pull the covers over myself and fall asleep immediately.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Adrien!" A voice yells in my ear and I jump, looking around for the source. Suddenly all my memories come rushing back as I spot Tikki.

"Tikki! Did you find her!"

She nods. "Our connection has gotten stronger. I know exactly where she is." She said confidently, smiling.

"Great. Where's Plagg?"

"Over here, kid." I her from the other side of the room. I nod.

"Plagg, claws out!" I yell.

"Woah woah woah, I wasn't done with my che-" he starts to yell, but he's already been sucked into my ring. I shrug.

"I guess you'll just have to finish it when you come out." I mutter, finishing my transformation.

"Okay Tikki, let's go." I say, standing up. She nods and flies up, through the trapdoor. That's when I notice it's about midnight.

"Woah. I slept for that long?" Tikki nodded again.

"So did Marinette." She answered. I frown.

"He must have drugged her really strongly." I say. "We'd better hurry."

Tikki began to fly East toward the city limits-and the forest beyond. I sigh then follow closely behind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We're close. I can feel it." Tikki speaks up after about an hour of traveling through Paris and the Vivant Forest. [A/N: Probably not a real forest, I made it up for story purposes.]

"Great. You can definitely lead me straight to her?" I say, beginning to look around harder for any sort of light source other than the stars, which were surprisingly bright, even in the absence of the moon. I spot a lantern glow and tiptoe quietly toward it.

I look through the bushes and spot Marinettes dark blue hair and breath a sigh of relief. Then I see the redhead next to her, holding her against his chest. Anger flares up in me.

"I'd get away from my princess if I were you."

A/N: Sorry this chapter took so long, I was sick and then I was on vacation in Hawaii (I'm actually still there but I actually found time to write this) but I hope you enjoy this chapter and I should have another one up soon!