Chapter 20

HARRY'S POV

I felt my shoulders being shaken frantically, and I turn to see Ella beside me on the bed, she looks scared and is clutching her stomach tightly.

What is she doing? She's not supposed to get tired.

"Harry, get down." she tries to push me up.

"Ella, what's happening?" I ask in return as i follow her and get down beside the bed.

"There's someone in the house" she replies quietly.

Oh no.

"No, no, no, Ella you can't get hurt!" I whisper. "Maybe someone just got something from the kitchen".

"I already looked, and it was not anyone I know."

"You looked?" I half shouted.

She clamps her hands on my mouth and puts a finger to her lips, silencing me.

She stays beside me, and we both get down, trying to stay out of sight.

This is just like that first night, and I can't help but think someone's gonna get hurt again. Ella can't get hurt, she's injured very badly, and I don't know what I'd do if that happens again.

The door to my room slowly slides open and I see a huge shadow lurk in.
Ella was right, even I couldn't tell who this person was.

The shadow's head turns around, looking for something. Me.

Ella's hand clasps around mine tightly, and she keeps a finger to her lips, telling me to be quiet.

The shadow keeps looking, and while it was turned around, Ella suddenly let go of me, ran towards him, and tackled him to the floor.
Well, tried to.

The man was flailing around, trying to get Ella away from his back. He managed to throw her to the side and she landed straight at the edge of a desk. I looked at her, and she was out.

"No...." I whispered, and the man was walking straight towards me.

He took me by the shirt, and my feet were several inches from the ground, then he threw me to the bed and took out a knife.

So this was how my life was going to end.

He raised the knife over his head, and I was certain he was aiming it at my heart.

Then a pair of arms wrapped around his neck and I looked behind him to see Ella.

She was choking the man, and it was getting an effect on him. The man staggered back, and once again Ella fell to the floor with a loud thud.

What the hell was i doing? Ella's getting hurt for crying out loud!

I ran towards the man and tried to tackle him, with no success. He was about to throw a punch, but his feet was kicked from under him, and i saw Ella crawling on the floor.

What Ella did next completely caught the man by surprise, and me too.

She crawled towards the door, and opened it wide. I could tell she was about to shout but the man went to her and grabbed her by the neck. Her small fragile body was lifted several inches from the ground.

"JACKSON!" She managed to shout while struggling from the man's grip.

Then what happened next made my breath stop cold.

The man's large fist delivered a sickening blow to Ella's midsection, right at her wound.

Ella sucked in a sharp breath, and my eyes went wide open when i saw blood dripping from her mouth, as the man threw her to the floor.

I was extremely furious now, i was about to take him when Jackson, Henry, Arthur, Jayden went in the room and saw everything.

The four of them helped take the huge man down, while i ran towards Ella.

Blood was dripping out of her mouth, and her wound was also bleeding uncontrollably.
Though her eyes were wide open and she was concious, she was gripping my arm weakly.

"Stay with me Ella, keep your eyes on me" i tell her frantically.

I'M SOOOO SORRY for updating late! To make it up to you guys, i promise to update two chapters this weekend!!! :))

-Alex