The New Kid (pt. 2)

Hello again Diary,

I made a friend! Her name is Emma. When I walked into school with Bradley, she came up to me. She asked if she could talk to me, privately. I didn't know who she was at the time but I decided to be polite and go talk to her. Emma told me that I needed to stay away from Bradley, that she was a bad person. That Bradley was one of those girls you thought was really nice but actually is a hardcore bitch. I didn't believe her, of course. I just nodded my head. Then Emma asked me what class I was headed to. We figured out we had the same homeroom. She offered to walk with me to class. As we walked to class, I noticed Emma had an oxygen tank she carried around with her. She told me she had Cystic Fibrosis.

During class Emma and I actually bonded pretty well

During class Emma and I actually bonded pretty well. She told me her dad owns a taxidermy shop. I told her about mother and I moving to White Pine Bay. I kinda felt bad for Emma because she told me she'd never really had a friend before. On my first day, I already had a project that was due by the end of the week. I'm sure glad that Emma and I decided to be partners, I didn't know anyone else there. Even though I'd just met Emma, we needed to get this project done as soon as possible and the only way that would happen is if she came over to my house. I was trying to man up and ask her if she wanted to come over but before I could, she asked if it was okay for her to come over later. Of course, I said yes. I had nothing else to do anyways, I mean besides helping mother unpack some more.

At lunch, Bradley invited me to sit at her table. There, she asked me if I wanted to come a party that she was having that night. I had never been to a party before. Well, besides a 7 year old's birthday party. On the bright side, I was invited to my first party on my first day at a new school.

After school Bradley and her friends offered to drive me back home. I couldn't wait to tell mother about my day. As soon as I came into the kitchen mother was there, waiting for me. She hugged me and asked how my day went. I told her all about Bradley and how Emma was going to come over for a project. She seemed fine with it.                                                                                             

                                                            Love you, Mother.